Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Definitive List of Tesla Friendly Browser Apps/Pages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DJ Frustration

Former Model X Sig, Model S, Model 3, Model Y
Jun 19, 2012
Miami, Florida
I've been searching the forum and found a mish-mash of lists of Tesla browser friendly sites. I'd love for the mods to change this post to a wiki in the hope that others can add to the list. Please keep this list restricted to websites or apps that are customized for the Tesla browser. Try to keep it in similar format with a link to the site followed by a description and citation of the TMC member(s) that created it.

List of Tesla Browser Apps and Webpages to use in your Model S, 3 or X

Is there documentation of what browser engine is used and which standards the browser complies with?
Via this post: Model S web access
capture-jpg.13513

My browser reports something slightly different than that three year old post, but my car is Canadian which may explain some things, like encryption. Mine says Apple Safari (534.34) with 56 bit encryption (International).

That screenshot/post is from Dec 2012. Has it not been updated since then?
I just did this. Not sure if there is a better URL and if it is accurate. The browser works for what I need it for and am happy Tesla is covering the cost for the data. Minimum browsing meets most needs for a car vs home PC. Remember this argument is not the purpose of this thread tho.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/WHnpJj9.jpg
WHnpJj9.jpg

Tip I use to avoid typing, assuming you have a smartphone and you manage your agenda from a computer, and of course, you have the tesla app and it allowed to display your agenda in your car. If all the above is true:
In your agenda, from your computer, add a meeting and in the notes or description, enter all the links

Then in your car, from the agenda app, you can open that meeting, and then the notes and the url's can just be selected, that will open the browser of the car at the selected address. Do remember that the car's agenda displays only today and tomorrow, so create the meeting accordingly.

Reactions: Lightmatrix