Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Definitive OEM Tire Life Poll

How long did the OEM tires on your Model 3 last?

• Less than 25k miles and I drive like a speed demon (hard accels, hard stops, etc.)

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Less than 25k miles and I drive like a regular person

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • More than 25k miles and I drive like a speed demon (hard accels, hard stops, etc.)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • More than 25k miles and I drive like a regular person

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I'm lucky and I got 35k+ miles!

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • I haven't replaced my OEM tires yet but I wanted to vote anyways

Votes: 45 37.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is why the poll choices clearly states what type of driving you do...obviously those who shred tires and are speed demons are different than normal daily drivers...
I don't believe most Tesla owners drive like a regular person. They may think they do... but...

This might as well be a “what’s your favorite color” poll.
Blue. No. Oops. Yellow.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Just replaced at 36,000 miles. I probably could have gone a few thousand miles more but one tire has a slow leak and another was damaged from running over a 4x4 that fell off a truck just ahead of me on the interstate. Yes, a freaking 4x4 long piece of lumber. Luckily it wasn't factory fresh and was a little worn and soft. But still.....

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Just replaced at 36,000 miles. I probably could have gone a few thousand miles more but one tire has a slow leak and another was damaged from running over a 4x4 that fell off a truck just ahead of me on the interstate. Yes, a freaking 4x4 long piece of lumber. Luckily it wasn't factory fresh and was a little worn and soft. But still.....
You stopped and grabbed the 4x4 right? They cost so much right now you could have sold it to pay for the replacement tire.

That is why the poll choices clearly states what type of driving you do...obviously those who shred tires and are speed demons are different than normal daily drivers...
Except there are too many variables such as true size as @UncertainTimes mentioned and shades of grey (I fall in the spectrum between Speed Demon and Regular Person). Plus many people will swear they don't drive aggressively, but they do.

While I appreciate the desire for some solid data, this just isn't going to do it.

I've had a lead foot for the 35+ years I have been driving and have never gotten more than 50% of the rated life from any tires. My M3 is the closest I've ever been to a muscle car (previous cars: Civic, Corolla, Accord, Accord, Accord). I don't expect I'll get a lot of miles on these tires. I've only had the car three months and 2000 miles, so haven't bothered to measured the treads yet.

I would actually be quite interested in seeing some quality statistics about tire life, but I think they would be meaningful only if from a wide range of users. Both a significant percentage of users, as well as randomized. Perhaps if Tesla would release a database of all the tire measurements done at their service centers, that could be analyzed for interesting information. (that obviously won't happen)

I don't think that a significant number of users are on TMC, nor do I think that they are random selection of the drivers. Nor will a significant number of TMC members reply to this poll, and those that do won't be randomized. Putting "definitive" in the thread title doesn't magically change that.

Or to put this another way: I would actually like to see the forest, I just don't think that standing in front a 20 trees means that you have a whole forest.

I would actually be quite interested in seeing some quality statistics about tire life, but I think they would be meaningful only if from a wide range of users. Both a significant percentage of users, as well as randomized. Perhaps if Tesla would release a database of all the tire measurements done at their service centers, that could be analyzed for interesting information. (that obviously won't happen)

I don't think that a significant number of users are on TMC, nor do I think that they are random selection of the drivers. Nor will a significant number of TMC members reply to this poll, and those that do won't be randomized. Putting "definitive" in the thread title doesn't magically change that.

Or to put this another way: I would actually like to see the forest, I just don't think that standing in front a 20 trees means that you have a whole forest.
This thread is meant to tally user experiences that may be a helpful gauge of tire wear. It is not meant to be a randomized, statistical analysis as that is an unrealistic expectation.

This thread is meant to tally user experiences that may be a helpful gauge of tire wear. It is not meant to be a randomized, statistical analysis as that is an unrealistic expectation.

Do you consider 25k miles on OEM summer tires to be similar to 25k on All seasons, even if the person drives the same? Poll doesnt specify what type of OEM tires.. various models come with different tires.