Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defogging limited by settings issue

Si.H

Mar 13, 2021
U.K.
My Model S (2014 model) is giving me a “defogging limited by settings” message with no/hardly any a/c working that I can tell. I don’t have range mode switched on, so what’s going on? I also had a new condenser fitted approx 5/6 months ago and it was ok then. Touchscreen will only let me select a/c OR Auto - not Auto with a/c.
Currently running with v10.2 and screen says software up to date as of 13 Mar.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Si.H

Mar 13, 2021
U.K.
My Model S (2014 model) is giving me a “defogging limited by settings” message with no/hardly any a/c working that I can tell. I don’t have range mode switched on, so what’s going on? I also had a new condenser fitted approx 5/6 months ago and it was ok then. Touchscreen will only let me select a/c OR Auto - not Auto with a/c. Is this the way it should be since the last update - that I can’t have auto & a/c on together?
Currently running with v10.2 and screen says software up to date as of 13 Mar.
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Upvote 0

Si.H

Mar 13, 2021
U.K.
If you put it in auto it uses a/c as it wants. If you want to do it manually it sometimes conflicts
the way auto wants to do it and then you see that notification.
If you put it in auto it uses a/c as it wants. If you want to do it manually it sometimes conflicts
the way auto wants to do it and then you see that notification.
Hi, thanks for the reply. When I put the temp down to ‘LO’ I’d expect the a/c to come on then but it doesn’t. I’ve found that the only time it comes on is if I switch a/c on and deselect air recirculation.

Upvote 0

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC