Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dejected with customer service UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called customer service today to add referral code for free supercharger miles,to the recent Model 3 reservation I'd made a week ago. I wasn't given the option to enter it when I made the reservation. Apparently they would apply it manually if we call the customer service.

Held the line for 2 hours 21 minutes with no answer and finally line went dead.

How would you get to speak to somebody if there is a problem with the car or anything else?

They either cant or are unwilling to add a referral code post order. You have to order using the referral link to be referred.

Also keep in mind 1000 miles = £52 that expires in 6 months - not worth the hassle of re-ordering and losing your place.

I sent it in by email soon after order as I was expecting to be able to add it on the app (which took a week to come active). And now they are telling me to do one...." we cant add it retrospectively". Shite service.
Have appealed asking them to explain where I was supposed to add the code. They haven't replied.
Im gonna keep spamming them with emails....
Not giving in yet!

I sent it in by email soon after order as I was expecting to be able to add it on the app (which took a week to come active). And now they are telling me to do one...." we cant add it retrospectively". Shite service.
Have appealed asking them to explain where I was supposed to add the code. They haven't replied.
Not giving in yet!
It's an easy one. You click a person's referral you go to a special front page you make order from there you get your referral miles.
If you didn't do that you don't get your miles

Reactions: curmudgeon
Not giving in yet!
Blame the person who gave you their referral code, they knew it wasn’t going to work they way they gave it to you.

I am afraid we re all in a heap of mess with Tesla and their general customer services and let this be a warning to people looking to buy. If these are the problems we are having for a simple referral code how will we fare when there is areal problem. I have just bought a 5 month old model X and have emailed the customer services team a couple of weeks ago to get access to the app in my name (the old owner has contacted them to cancel his account). Yesterday I called them to ask what was going on and waited on the phone on hold for 2 hours and 40 minutes to eventually be told their email team would respond within 6 weeks.
Is there any part of this that is acceptable. I would not accept it from any normal retailer especially not when people are paying £40K+ for a product. Unbelievable!

I am afraid we re all in a heap of mess with Tesla and their general customer services and let this be a warning to people looking to buy. If these are the problems we are having for a simple referral code how will we fare when there is areal problem. I have just bought a 5 month old model X and have emailed the customer services team a couple of weeks ago to get access to the app in my name (the old owner has contacted them to cancel his account). Yesterday I called them to ask what was going on and waited on the phone on hold for 2 hours and 40 minutes to eventually be told their email team would respond within 6 weeks.
Is there any part of this that is acceptable. I would not accept it from any normal retailer especially not when people are paying £40K+ for a product. Unbelievable!
6 weeks! That's just nuts.

Reactions: Rooster6655