TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delay and refuse pickup till after the 17th?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ithinkmac, Oct 9, 2016.

  1. ithinkmac

    ithinkmac Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2013
    Messages:
    38
    Location:
    SF Bay Area
    So my X90D is ready. Most likely delivery next week at Fremont factory. Now with the Musk tweet about something new on the 17th. Should I refuse delivery and see what's new on the 17th? Or do you think whatever's new is already built into recent production cars?

    Hate to miss AP2 by a couple of days if that's case, but AP2 would not be new or un-expected. Maybe I'm over thinking this. Thoughts?

    -ThinkMac-
     
  2. Dr Doom

    Dr Doom Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2016
    Messages:
    69
    Location:
    NYC
    I hope they announce the autopilot 2.0 on 17th but won't they have to add it in if your car isn't ready for it? I too would be upset if my car missed it by a few days.
     
  3. highedu

    highedu Member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2012
    Messages:
    626
    Location:
    East Bay Area, CA
    It won't make a difference if the car is already built
     
  4. Spidy

    Spidy Member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2015
    Messages:
    772
    Location:
    Germany
    October 17th Tesla announcement confirmed by source is indeed autopilot related. New hardware started going into cars last week.
    Model3OwnersClub on Twitter

    Not sure how good those sources are, but might not be a bad idea to delay delivery.
     
  5. Garlan Garner

    Garlan Garner Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2016
    Messages:
    3,194
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    I'm going to make sure I wait to pick up my M3 until after the 17th. That's for sure.
     
    • Funny x 2
  6. number12

    number12 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2016
    Messages:
    763
    Location:
    Tesla
    #6 number12, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Don't refuse. Just say your schedule doesn't work and delay. 100%
     
  7. mhan00

    mhan00 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2014
    Messages:
    288
    Location:
    Southern California
    If you don't mind forfeiting the cancelled order penalty, then go ahead and delay just in case. Then, if AP 2.0 is announced and your car doesn't have it, just refuse and order a new car instead with it.
     

Share This Page