TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delay and refuse pickup till after the 17th?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ithinkmac, Oct 9, 2016.

1. ithinkmac

ithinkmac Member

So my X90D is ready. Most likely delivery next week at Fremont factory. Now with the Musk tweet about something new on the 17th. Should I refuse delivery and see what's new on the 17th? Or do you think whatever's new is already built into recent production cars?

Hate to miss AP2 by a couple of days if that's case, but AP2 would not be new or un-expected. Maybe I'm over thinking this. Thoughts?

-ThinkMac-

2. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

I hope they announce the autopilot 2.0 on 17th but won't they have to add it in if your car isn't ready for it? I too would be upset if my car missed it by a few days.

3. highedu

highedu Member

It won't make a difference if the car is already built

4. Spidy

Spidy Member

October 17th Tesla announcement confirmed by source is indeed autopilot related. New hardware started going into cars last week.
    Model3OwnersClub on Twitter

Not sure how good those sources are, but might not be a bad idea to delay delivery.

5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

I'm going to make sure I wait to pick up my M3 until after the 17th. That's for sure.

• Funny x 2
  6. number12

number12 Member

#6 number12, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Don't refuse. Just say your schedule doesn't work and delay. 100%

7. mhan00

mhan00 Member

If you don't mind forfeiting the cancelled order penalty, then go ahead and delay just in case. Then, if AP 2.0 is announced and your car doesn't have it, just refuse and order a new car instead with it.