Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the group. I was assigned VIN this past Friday and made down payment to Tesla and finance the rest. If I decide to not take delivery of this vehicle and delay until sometime next week. Can I get the down payment back and not loose out on $100 order fee since I'm not canceling the order?

If you dont take this one, tesla would likely keep your money on file to apply to whatever vin you do get... but those are mechanics that are best discussed with tesla.

If you ask for the down payment back to get out of line, you likely can do that, but it also likely wont be "instant". Probably would take some time.

If you dont take this one, tesla would likely keep your money on file to apply to whatever vin you do get... but those are mechanics that are best discussed with tesla.

If you ask for the down payment back to get out of line, you likely can do that, but it also likely wont be "instant". Probably would take some time.

Thank you! Any idea how long it would take for me to get my down payment back?

Thank you! Any idea how long it would take for me to get my down payment back?

my guess ( just a guess) based on reading others request for refunds, is 4-6 weeks, like 3rd to 4th week of January, would be my guess. If you have some financial reason to need it sooner, you could try escalating it within tesla, but I would imagine it would be at least 4 weeks.