Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in door opening TM3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Recently I noticed that there is a delay in opening the driver's door from the inside (something like half a second). The problem has not been in the car in the year and a half that I have had it, nor does it happen with the other doors. If I press the quick press button the door does not open at all. I have to hold the button down for it to open. I asked a friend who has the same model (2022 model3 LR) and he also experienced this problem. Are there other people who have noticed the problem in Model 3?

Thank you, Itay

My Modem 3 LR rear doors have always had this problem.

I have to tell passengers how to exit: Hold the open-door button down while pushing the door outwards.

I reported this when dropping the car at a service center. They were surprised but at the end of the day, they said a bunch of cars did the same thing so it must be "working as designed."

Your case is different since it's a front door and it changed. Maybe the door latch needs adjusting.

Also in a new feature announced on notateslaapp, if you configure the Controls to auto-unlock just the driver's door then a long-press on the driver's open-door button will unlock the others. Did you enable that feature?

Upvote 0
If any Tesla service center says this is normal, then they don't know their product. Just because other cars they checked did it is ridiculous to assume it's normal and if they don't know then they should be calling someone at Tesla for a definitive answer. But, this is definitely not normal, you shouldn't have to hold the button down. Once the button is pressed the door should unlatch immediately.

Upvote 0
If any Tesla service center says this is normal, then they don't know their product. Just because other cars they checked did it is ridiculous to assume it's normal and if they don't know then they should be calling someone at Tesla for a definitive answer. But, this is definitely not normal, you shouldn't have to hold the button down. Once the button is pressed the door should unlatch immediately.
Yes, but how do you convince the service center people?

Upvote 0
Hello,

Recently I noticed that there is a delay in opening the driver's door from the inside (something like half a second). The problem has not been in the car in the year and a half that I have had it, nor does it happen with the other doors. If I press the quick press button the door does not open at all. I have to hold the button down for it to open. I asked a friend who has the same model (2022 model3 LR) and he also experienced this problem. Are there other people who have noticed the problem in Model 3?

Thank you, Itay
HI there- oddly, my delay is with opening up the doors from the outside. After i updated to 2022.36.6 my bluetooth connection to the car cuts out and I have to open the app and unlock the doors - from the app - to get in. Anyone else?

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you, Itay
Did you ever find out the fix for this? Mine is doing the same thing

Thanks!

Upvote 0