TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delay in dual motors version delivery

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Dan_, Feb 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gubes

gubes Member

You and I are in exactly the same boat - also ordered & confirmed my 70D in mid June.

2. chorsang

chorsang Member

same here 93XXX- confirmed in May expecting late September.

3. gubes

gubes Member

When did you get your VIN? I still have RN number

4. theregistrar

theregistrar Member

Strange your PIN number is so much smaller than mine though - is yours still lining up for production?

5. chorsang

chorsang Member

#105 chorsang, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    within a month after order confirmed, it is 85D.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, assume enter production line within 2 weeks as 91XXX has just entered and 90XXX entered last week. Yours is P85D?

6. theregistrar

theregistrar Member

Nope, mine is 70D

7. Andy Lap

Andy Lap Member

Finally, hopefully get it before sept

Production Complete
    Your Model S is in transit from the factory.

8. en-ev

en-ev Member

Status changed to "Production Complete - Your Model S is in transit from the factory." on Aug 4.
    Called my DS early this week. He left the company last week. Other DS told that I unlikely get my 85D in Aug.

9. Wilson Chung

Wilson Chung Member

same situation. ordered last year mid-november. Was told by DS that likely to take delivery around September...

10. gubes

gubes Member

One concern I have on the Model S delivery schedule is the timing of the Model X ramp and the fact that they will both be produced on the same assembly line. On the conference call, Musk said they will start Model X deliveries at the end of September. This may mean that cars that were scheduled for production in late September or October may get affected (I ordered my 70D in June). This in my view, could lead to further delays especially since Tesla is likely to prioritize the Model X production given how long some people have had to wait for it.