Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in dual motors version delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you get your VIN? I still have RN number

within a month after order confirmed, it is 85D.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange your PIN number is so much smaller than mine though - is yours still lining up for production?

Yes, assume enter production line within 2 weeks as 91XXX has just entered and 90XXX entered last week. Yours is P85D?

Last edited:
Mine is changed to "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" today. It sounds a chance that I could meet her in late August.
Status changed to "Production Complete - Your Model S is in transit from the factory." on Aug 4.
Called my DS early this week. He left the company last week. Other DS told that I unlikely get my 85D in Aug.

One concern I have on the Model S delivery schedule is the timing of the Model X ramp and the fact that they will both be produced on the same assembly line. On the conference call, Musk said they will start Model X deliveries at the end of September. This may mean that cars that were scheduled for production in late September or October may get affected (I ordered my 70D in June). This in my view, could lead to further delays especially since Tesla is likely to prioritize the Model X production given how long some people have had to wait for it.