Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in dual motors version delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then, how many days for the shipping and finally arrive HK?
Last summer/fall (in the pre-autopilot days), it was around 3 weeks for shipping and then preparation and documentation could be anywhere from 2-21 days. The variation in the latter is due to (1) how ready you are with your paperwork; and (2) in a large batch of cars, is yours done first or last. In my case, my car arrived in HK on Sunday and it was delivered to me on Tuesday at noon!

I have my P85D production started on 1st of June. Until now it's still in transit. And DS told me that dashboard status means nothing. Until this moment, I still got no firm date on delivery. Ordered P85 in Sep 2014, switch to P85D in Oct 2014 after Elon announce the "D". Delivery date push backed to July from June, then Late July then early August and now likely September. All I know is DS say I am in the first batch since I was originally P85 buyers, I guess they say the same thing to everyone.

I have my P85D production started on 1st of June. Until now it's still in transit. And DS told me that dashboard status means nothing. Until this moment, I still got no firm date on delivery. Ordered P85 in Sep 2014, switch to P85D in Oct 2014 after Elon announce the "D". Delivery date push backed to July from June, then Late July then early August and now likely September. All I know is DS say I am in the first batch since I was originally P85 buyers, I guess they say the same thing to everyone.

It is really ludicrous to all RHD owner, never able to own the latest top model. If you change and wait for the P90D now, by the time delivering to you, may have another P95D launched just before yours p90d ready to pick up again .

DVC, What I thought is the 5kWh upgrade possibly not available for existing P85D since those are physically different. But the P85D can also upgrade to Ludicrous mode for US$5000 (existing P85D only), a key enable firmware plus minor hardware change that boost post 30mph inverter current from 1300A to 1500A to provide the quicker acceleration. And that also means a 50% off for old customer. I think they've learned the lesson. for HKD 38,800 (likely how it's gonna priced later), you can now beat Aventador LP700-4 by 0.1s

Quote from Tesla Press Release

Luuudicrous Mode

While working on our goal of making the power train last a million miles, we came up with the idea for an advanced smart fuse for the battery. Instead of a standard fuse that just melts past a certain amperage, which means you aren't exactly sure when it will or won't melt or if it will arc when it does, we developed a fuse with its own electronics and a tiny lithium-ion battery. It constantly monitors current at the millisecond level and is pyro-actuated to cut power with extreme precision and certainty.

That was combined with upgrading the main pack contractor to use inconel (a high temperature space-grade superalloy) instead of steel, so that it remains springy under the heat of heavy current.

The net result is that we can safely increase max amp throughout from 1300 to 1500 Amps. If you don't know much about Amps, trust me this is a silly big number of Amps to be going through something the size of your little fingernail.

What this results in is a 10% improvement in the 0 to 60 mph time to 2.8 secs and a quarter mile time of 10.9 secs. Time to 155 mph is improved even more, resulting in a 20% reduction.

This option will cost $10k to new buyers. In appreciation of our existing P85D owners, the upgraded pack electronics will be offered for the next six months at only $5k plus installation labor.

From Wikipedia:
SpaceX uses inconel in the engine manifold of their Merlin rocket engine which powers the Falcon 9 launch vehicle______________________________________________________________________

Last edited: