Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in model X launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very doubtful. I'd go as far as predicting the exact opposite. I think they are very near completion with the X. Will have 3-5k delivered by end of year. And there will be not a single comprimise. In fact, its just going to change the market segment overnight.

Last edited:
[deleted as per user's request]
Take the thread lock request with a grain of salt. Now I'm confused over whether you have this info from a 3rd party, the supplier side or Tesla side, both or all three. Seems the story has changed slightly.

Note: I have gone out and said in another thread that the supply chain is something that Tesla might have an issue to ramp up quickly, so I am keeping an open mind here.

Last edited:

No, actually you cited a sourceless rumor and asked if anyone could confirm it. Next you swaggered to stating it as a fact. Then when quite naturally people wanted to know the nature of your source, you began to get belligerent and confrontational.

So, you busted through the Saloon doors with your hands on your holsters. What's your next move, I wonder?

- - - Updated - - -

What does that even mean? The date is off by 2 years and nobody questions that fact. And even in your scenario, the last revised date is still plausibly met. As far as the ramp-rate, we'll have to wait and see. You may have noticed that the people waiting for Model X have rather a lot of patience! The question is not whether they "admit" what you claim. They either place credence in your revelation or not. It's not really something you can "win" by debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eds, what is your source for the assertions you are posting as fact?
I think you are just making stuff up to stir things up here. You just joined TMC an hour ago...

Where does this "joined TMC an hour ago" angle usually comes from? I think it makes perfect sense for someone wanting to spill beans to create a new, throw-away account. I hardly see it as proof of anything.

That said, the OP could be trolling of course. Impossible to say because the throw-away account also means there is no supporting history in any direction.

I would just caution all to keep an open mind. If memory serves me correctly we jumped on the last 1 (or 2?) leakers here and the info turned out to be true. Also, as history has repeatedly told us, Tesla keeps a lot of negative info close to the vest and pulls through by the skin of their teeth.

At the very least there are very specific claims. We should be able to see as the year unfolds if there is anything to them. Of course, if this were to be true, that is some extraordinary insight we have not seen before. If it is false, well, then not.

One thing that always bothers me with alleged leaks such as this is the scope. How much Eds are you extrapolating in your description? How much first-hand (or the like) knowledge of different suppliers do you actually have, or do you just have knowledge of say one or two and assume it applies to others as well? Any comment?

- - - Updated - - -

I would just caution all to keep an open mind. If memory serves me correctly we jumped on the last 1 (or 2?) leakers here and the info turned out to be true. Also, as history has repeatedly told us, Tesla keeps a lot of negative info close to the vest and pulls through by the skin of their teeth.

Agreed. Let's impassionately consider what is offered - if it is suspect or turns out to be false, that's OK to note, but let's at least hear the potential leaksters out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either Eds will be proven wrong in 2-5 months, or he'll be proven right. When 6,000 Model X units have hit the road by December, everyone here can flame him to a crisp. But until then, you all are just hoping he's wrong with no proof of your own. Quite the contrary, since Tesla has never met a deadline it couldn't fail to meet.

Either Eds will be proven wrong in 2-5 months, or he'll be proven right. When 6,000 Model X units have hit the road by December, everyone here can flame him to a crisp. But until then, you all are just hoping he's wrong with no proof of your own. Quite the contrary, since Tesla has never met a deadline it couldn't fail to meet.

I'm not interested in flaming the OP, but if he's really an insider he's probably already brought a whole heap of trouble on himself. I have no feeling for the veracity of his intel but I'm sceptical anyway that Tesla will deliver 6,000 Model X by December. Production ramp ups are harder than most people imagine and Tesla today confirmed that commonality with Model S is only ~30%. That makes it even harder to run both models down one production line.

I do think one reaps what one sows - the title and lead-in were gentle enough, but the second post surely showed that the poster rapidly was emboldened. To get push back is natural when things escalate so quickly.

It does make me wonder - if someone is already in the know, why do they even need confirmation? They have the source, and in this case, they seem to have quite a few strong, bold points. Sharing information is different from asking for confirmation. And what is the upside for the OP?