Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay registration till Sept UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X lovely car until you open the rear doors in my opinion

I was very wary of the rear doors, but they have proven to be great in actual use. Access to the rear is so much better than with conventional doors, especially if you have young children. I would really miss them now. It's an awesome family hauler and makes conventional ICE SUVs feel seriously old, slow and inefficient.

Hi all,
I finally have my delivery date for 2/9/19 :D.
However I was wondering if I am guaranteed a 69 plate, or is this dependant on when Tesla registered the vehicle?
If it's the latter (and I've had to wait this long!), what do you think can be done to push for a 69 plate?
Surely vehicle manufacturers have had access to the 69 database for a while so makes me think it *should* be based on delivery date...o_O

Hi all,
However I was wondering if I am guaranteed a 69 plate, or is this dependant on when Tesla registered the vehicle?
If it's the latter (and I've had to wait this long!), what do you think can be done to push for a 69 plate?
Surely vehicle manufacturers have had access to the 69 database for a while so makes me think it *should* be based on delivery date...o_O
They should be able too. I had my last Car 16 plate delivered to me at 7.30am the morning of the new plate. I was also told my Reg about a week before.

Reactions: sho12345678
Hi all,

I was wondering this too. They should be able to in theory, but I wouldn't like to bet on it! Do let us know the outcome.

i delayed my order to 1st august to avoid august delivery. was then informed delivery pick up 21 aug! immediately spoke to them and told them i wanted 69 plates. they said fine we'll look you out another one, and removed my VIN and credited my final invoice. Heard nothing since but presume i went to the back of the queue

Just an update:
I just received my delivery reconfirmation email for 2/9/19, says I'm all paid up and told me my registration, which is a 69 plate :D.

Please note your new Tesla will be registered 24 hours prior to your scheduled delivery. As such, will not appear in databases. We recommend calling up your preferred insurer, as opposed to getting online quotes, insurance companies are aware of this process for brand-new vehicles.

Reactions: pow216