Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay to 2021 Support Group

Did you decide to delay due to EoQ rush?

• Yes until 2021

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Yes after Q2

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I delayed delivery to 2021 today (apparently they let you do this), I lost trust in the EoQ delivery rush. I have already rejected a VIN (14xxx) due to a litany of issues. I'm worried I'll be marked down for continually rejecting bad deliveries or that I'll encounter some undiscovered issues later on (like leaking roofs) that will be outside the 7 day return policy.

I feel like I might be overreacting and am a bit depressed I won't get one for awhile after waiting so long (day 0 order), but I don't really drive anywhere these days anyway.

Was it a mistake? Did anyone else decide to do this? How long did it take for the Model 3 issues to smooth out?

• Funny
Reactions: kevin1 and Ba2yev
I too have instructed my SA to move my Model Y build to later this year. The number of fit & finish issues was the primary reason. I'm thinking another 2/3 months of manufacturing and/or tooling updates might resolve many of the shortfalls I've heard about. Time will tell.

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
The decision is entirely yours. No one can make that personal decision for you. However, what's more appalling is you allowed a new car purchase to bring you to this state of depression. Dont second guess yourself over small matters like this. Stick with your guts and...... its just a car.

Hey BMax - I'm far from depressed and don't want to be hence my decision to delay ownership. If Tesla can't manufacture a vehicle costing north of $50K that is free from obvious fit & finish defects then they need to get there s**t together. I suspect MY poor quality is due to a couple of reasons 1) pushing the Model Y out months too soon in an attempt to make 2Q & 3Q 2020 numbers better and the shutdown due to Covid-19 which I suspect had/has an employee moral problem and attitude. I personally take pride in my ownership of cars and other tangible items that I own and refuse to settle for shoddy or substandard quality. I very much like the styling, functionality & technology of the Model Y; hence my decision to buy one.

Hey BMax - I'm far from depressed and don't want to be hence my decision to delay ownership. If Tesla can't manufacture a vehicle costing north of $50K that is free from obvious fit & finish defects then they need to get there s**t together. I suspect MY poor quality is due to a couple of reasons 1) pushing the Model Y out months too soon in an attempt to make 2Q & 3Q 2020 numbers better and the shutdown due to Covid-19 which I suspect had/has an employee moral problem and attitude. I personally take pride in my ownership of cars and other tangible items that I own and refuse to settle for shoddy or substandard quality. I very much like the styling, functionality & technology of the Model Y; hence my decision to buy one.
Right on.. I was actually referring to the OP. Depression was mentioned. No human being should feel that way over materialistic things. OP rejected it and rightfully so. Don't have doubts and second guess. YOU OWN TESLA. TESLA DOES NOT OWN YOU...

Right on.. I was actually referring to the OP. Depression was mentioned. No human being should feel that way over materialistic things. OP rejected it and rightfully so. Don't have doubts and second guess. YOU OWN TESLA. TESLA DOES NOT OWN YOU...

I was a bit too cavalier with my terminology. I would say more just disappointed since I was looking forward to the car. Although, to be honest, I originally didn't expect to get it until 2021 then deliveries got accelerated.

It's good advice though and now I have something to look forward to come Christmas time :D.

Reactions: BMax_V.2
I delayed delivery to 2021 today (apparently they let you do this), I lost trust in the EoQ delivery rush. I have already rejected a VIN (14xxx) due to a litany of issues. I'm worried I'll be marked down for continually rejecting bad deliveries or that I'll encounter some undiscovered issues later on (like leaking roofs) that will be outside the 7 day return policy.

I feel like I might be overreacting and am a bit depressed I won't get one for awhile after waiting so long (day 0 order), but I don't really drive anywhere these days anyway.

Was it a mistake? Did anyone else decide to do this? How long did it take for the Model 3 issues to smooth out?
I think you made a wise decision. I wished I had followed my own advice. I also rejected my first car vin# 9448. Accepted my 2nd which was a big mistake. Ended up returning 2nd car vin#13xxx ( both for multiple issues including a horrible paint job)
Now I can not buy another MY with same trim level for 1 year. (Nice way for Tesla to create ill-will with customers and lower sales numbers!!!! ) Don’t beat yourself up for doing the right thing. Keep rejecting or delaying till you get a nice car

I don't think anybody who refuse the delivery now will stay home until they take the delivery later. They'll drive ICE vehicles which is a total rip off. Every thing is impermanent-so, the sooner the better. Do not over react b/c of few who don't like the cars' issues which can be fixed.
Interesting viewpoint... so you believe complete repaints, cracks in roof glass, damaged interiors are issues that should be tolerated and Tesla should not be held accountable when you pay $60,000. Love to be your car sales person

I don't think anybody who refuse the delivery now will stay home until they take the delivery later. They'll drive ICE vehicles which is a total rip off. Every thing is impermanent-so, the sooner the better. Do not over react b/c of few who don't like the cars' issues which can be fixed.

depends on your situation, if you are charging from the grid in Southern California then it’s cheaper to drive ICE right now. Especially when you consider a decent insurance premium bump for having a Tesla.

And if you already have your ICE paid off, then it’s pennies to drive. I’m not sure how it’s a rip-off. Maintenance is just oil change once a year (15k miles), gotta rotate tires on Tesla too you know, oil change in addition to that when car is on jacks is just 1 bolt. All other maintenance happens at 60k and then 120k miles.