Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same question here, any findings? My order locks in tonight am considering either to cancel it and wait for AP 2.0 or keep the order in queue and keep delaying the delivery more than once till I get hope on the update of new autopilot system.

Same question here, any findings? My order locks in tonight am considering either to cancel it and wait for AP 2.0 or keep the order in queue and keep delaying the delivery more than once till I get hope on the update of new autopilot system.
AP 2.0 is definitely worth waiting for. So is the upcoming 100kWh battery. I hear that AP 2.5 is supposed to add some really cool features. By then a 105kWh battery may be a nice upgrade.

We are in the early days of Tesla EVs and the rate of improvement is going to be staggering (think back to PCs in the 90s and how they became obsolete as soon as you left the store). If you keep waiting for the next upgrade, you'll never pull the trigger.

Reactions: Mjølner

Same for me. I am thinking of delaying my expected delivery until some major announcement on the battery or maybe even autopilot systems like lidar are added.

I put in my deposit in Oct 2015, confirmed end of January this year - for an X 90D, was told to expect delivery mid-year. Then I saw a new house, and decided to sell my house and buy the new one the beginning of March - put down my deposit, got approved for the loan, etc. Then all of a sudden I get notice my car is going to be delivered by March 31! Got a VIN # and everything.

In the middle of buying a house with the old one not sold yet is NOT the time to do 100K in car financing - so I told them I needed to delay. They were great, I asked them to call back in April for delivery any time after 5/15 (closing for the house was the first week in May). They did, had me reconfirm, and then I got a new VIN assigned.

But if you want to delay AFTER confirming, I don't think they'll do that - once you confirm your order, they try to get started on building. My situation was a little unique - they ended up selling the first car to someone else, I guess. But if I'd agreed to a date, then wanted to wait for new features I don't think they'd have done it.

If you really want the new features, just wait to order - I suspect in the next few months the wait times will be under 60 days for any new S or X order.

But there will always be "something" coming - the X is the most amazing car I've ever owned, even if there are new features later, I don't believe I'll ever regret getting it NOW.

Reactions: m2s2
No, in Oct 2015 I put down a 5000 deposit for a 'spot in line'. I wasn't able to configure and actually 'order' until mid-January...at which point I had 7 days to make changes before my order was 'confirmed'. Now people get to skip the whole 'put $$ down for the privilege of waiting in line with no idea of what options will even cost'!

I put in my deposit in Oct 2015, confirmed end of January this year - for an X 90D, was told to expect delivery mid-year. Then I saw a new house, and decided to sell my house and buy the new one the beginning of March - put down my deposit, got approved for the loan, etc. Then all of a sudden I get notice my car is going to be delivered by March 31! Got a VIN # and everything.

In the middle of buying a house with the old one not sold yet is NOT the time to do 100K in car financing - so I told them I needed to delay. They were great, I asked them to call back in April for delivery any time after 5/15 (closing for the house was the first week in May). They did, had me reconfirm, and then I got a new VIN assigned.

But if you want to delay AFTER confirming, I don't think they'll do that - once you confirm your order, they try to get started on building. My situation was a little unique - they ended up selling the first car to someone else, I guess. But if I'd agreed to a date, then wanted to wait for new features I don't think they'd have done it.

If you really want the new features, just wait to order - I suspect in the next few months the wait times will be under 60 days for any new S or X order.

But there will always be "something" coming - the X is the most amazing car I've ever owned, even if there are new features later, I don't believe I'll ever regret getting it NOW.

No, they will delay after confirming your order. We did it like a week after confirming ours. They'll allow you to push out delivery for up to six months. The OA let us know that we can push it up whenever we'd like.

I just contacted my DS on Friday to push up our delivery to the earliest date possible which he did with no issue. He said we are looking at late September now instead of our original delivery date in December.

I just contacted my DS about pushing my delivery to later. Awaiting reply from them. I ordered and confirmed mid July and they said it would be delivered early September! Crazy the turn around.