Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed a WEEK due to SNOW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this has been asked before, but.. we have a 300 mile trip the day after pickup.

How many miles until auto pilot works?

Thanks!

I've read varying reports. May be as little as 30 miles driven on a well marked road or possibly around 50 miles. If you don't get many miles in before your trip you should definitely be able to start using autopilot within the first hour or two of your trip.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Don't forget that you might have to turn it on after those 30+ miles. When I first got the AP update in 2017, we drove for an hour around town trying to get it to work but the AP icon never showed up. Eventually we realized we needed to enable Autosteer, etc. via the settings and then it worked fine!

Nice! Did you by chance see another blue with aero Model 3 there? If so the other one may be mine :)

Must have been exciting to finally see your Model 3 in person!

I looked for yours but I didn't see it. There were 4 of them that I saw with the same config as us. The guy in Vegas told me they have been coming the day before....... I will look again tomorrow when I pick mine up. Will let you know if I see it.

Reactions: PoitNarf
I looked for yours but I didn't see it. There were 4 of them that I saw with the same config as us. The guy in Vegas told me they have been coming the day before....... I will look again tomorrow when I pick mine up. Will let you know if I see it.

Did you get your Model 3 today? Happen to see mine on the lot when you were there?

Did you get your Model 3 today? Happen to see mine on the lot when you were there?

I have a Model 3!!!!! I got there a little early and took a look in the back lot but didn't see yours. (one other blue/Aero but not your VIN) I was talking to one of the sales guys about the delay and he said they are really having issues finding trucks since there are so many deliveries. He said this was not even related to the snow. (someone is BSing). Anyway, he said they are expecting a truck with 4 M3s tomorrow. One has to be yours. I'm hoping all goes well for you which it really should. I told them to remove the aero covers and they did. I checked each wheel to ensure no scratches or anything. Then put the center caps and lug covers on. I looked the entire car over good. All looks totally perfect. I'm very happy! Drive is great!

Reactions: ModelX and PoitNarf
I have a Model 3!!!!! I got there a little early and took a look in the back lot but didn't see yours. (one other blue/Aero but not your VIN) I was talking to one of the sales guys about the delay and he said they are really having issues finding trucks since there are so many deliveries. He said this was not even related to the snow. (someone is BSing). Anyway, he said they are expecting a truck with 4 M3s tomorrow. One has to be yours. I'm hoping all goes well for you which it really should. I told them to remove the aero covers and they did. I checked each wheel to ensure no scratches or anything. Then put the center caps and lug covers on. I looked the entire car over good. All looks totally perfect. I'm very happy! Drive is great!

Glad to hear you finally got your Model 3! Thanks for looking around for my VIN. Less than 48 hours to go until I get mine!

Reactions: Insight75
Wife called at noon - they said the car was delivered, and that we are good for tomorrow!
Yay! so excited.

Call 30 min later... we can't find your car.

WHAT THE ****ING HELL YOU ASSHOLES?

Seriously, that's some grade A BULL *sugar*.

You can't physically FIND a car that YOU REPORTED DELIVERED on the phone 30 min ago?

I'm starting to think we take our money elsewhere. My S even goes in for it's 100th repair this week. So much for EV reliability.

This is becoming a devastating joke. We cannot keep rescheduling. This is not fair to our emotions, time, work, or stress levels.

I need two things:
1. delivery to our home. I'm not driving 3 hours to get this thing. You deal with it.
2. $500 service credit.

Wife called at noon - they said the car was delivered, and that we are good for tomorrow!
Yay! so excited.

Call 30 min later... we can't find your car.

WHAT THE ****ING HELL YOU ASSHOLES?

Seriously, that's some grade A BULL *sugar*.

You can't physically FIND a car that YOU REPORTED DELIVERED on the phone 30 min ago?

I'm starting to think we take our money elsewhere. My S even goes in for it's 100th repair this week. So much for EV reliability.

This is becoming a devastating joke. We cannot keep rescheduling. This is not fair to our emotions, time, work, or stress levels.

I need two things:
1. delivery to our home. I'm not driving 3 hours to get this thing. You deal with it.
2. $500 service credit.

Damn that sucks. Hope they get it resolved ASAP. $500 service credit seems absolutely reasonable for all of this bungling.

My wife and I are both sick to our stomachs. My wife called them again.
It is not expected to arrive until late Friday night. My wife is on the phone in tears because of this.
This car represents a huge financial investment for us. This has been agonizing. This is horrid.

Apparently they don't do Saturday deliveries. What. The. **** people?

Tesla has now made my wife so upset that I'm beyond pissed. You don't mess with my family.

I'll be there in person Friday to ensure this gets corrected quickly.

Tesla called late. We will have the car by noon Friday. I’m so happy. Through it all I really do love this company.

I saw a recall today, and see Tesla’s dedication to safety over the bottom line is phenomenal.

I know crap happens, and really want to be understanding. The excitement is back. Can’t wait to post wayyy yo many photos.

Thanks for putting up with me guys... to us and most people here, it’s not a car. It’s so much more.

I smiled at the car wash today. Around me were not BMWs, Mercs, or Jags.
Old Jeeps, Honda’s. But the one thing these people have? Cars. Love for cars.

A delayed or missed Tesla delivery isn’t a missed car. It’s an adoption.

Last edited: