Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed at the last minute, Mt Kisco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trevor B

Apr 2, 2016
USA
We were supposed to pick up tomorrow, but get a mail today saying the car is still in on the train in Chicago and delivery is 11/13 now.

I called the store and Tesla last week and was told the car is already at Mt Kisco. WTF???

This is so effed up. Looks like they were lying to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
Tesla really has a long way to go with how they deliver cars to customers. I've been told the same that my car is at Mt Kisco but I have no way of knowing if that is true. I had a delivery date of 11/8 but that got removed from my account page. Makes me wonder if the car is really at Mt Kisco

My delivery was supposed to be yesterday 11/5. I'm told the car has not moved from the Chicago area for 2 weeks. A new appointment of 11/9 4:30 AM (!) is now on my account, but the local SC told me it would be a week and a half. Going to call tomorrow to see if perhaps it is 11/9 afternoon. Somehow I doubt it.

Oh hell, this doesn't sound good. Going to call my Tesla rep in the morning and confirm if the car is really there before I leave. They assured me it would arrive yesterday. If it turns out it's still not there again I'm gonna freak.

On an odd note, I was able to log into my Tesla app last night and see the car, change some basic settings, though it said remote connection was disabled. Today I tried to log in again and it says there are no products associated with my Tesla account.

I originally had delivery scheduled for 10/29 from Mt. Kisco but was told that teh car was delayed and rescheduled to 11/7. Took delivery this afternoon (had to wait about 90 minutes after my scheduled time to actually get paperwork and start the delivery).

I think they are simply overwhelmed. They said they were delivering 45 cars today, and that it is a slow day.

The car is great though.

I was supposed to get home delivery today (Monday) from Mt Kisco at 10-12. At 1130 I called mt Kisco to ask when the trailer with my wife’s M3 was coming. The guy I spoke to was very nice, but clearly hiding something from me. About an hour and a half later another guy called and said the car had not been delivered to Mt Kisco, hopefully would get there Thursday, let’s plan for a Friday delivery. I asked, “why didnt you call me, and made me stay around all day like you are the cable company?” He basically confessed, no good excuse, human error. We believe there is a 50-50 chance he was lying and the car was just damaged, and they are hoping to fix it in time, but who knows — it’s Tesla and the trailer may never have left California last week.
I told my wife, “this is all part of the Tesla experience!” Seriously, if delivery volumes like this are the new normal (the business model requires that it be), I don’t know how they can possibly sustain it.

Welcome to the club.....

I live when they pushed my delivery they then said when it’s ready it sounded like I need to drop everything and go pick it up.

Haha ... hardly you need to give me some time so I can adjust schedules like I did.... prior before you canceled on day of.

Good luck

UPDATE

Picked up my Model 3 a week ago from Mt. Kisco. Overall, things went very well. For TLDR – skip to the bottom.

After having our delivery postponed a week, my wife and I arrived last Friday at 4pm for our 5pm appointment (3 hour drive – we didn’t want to be late). We hung around the waiting area for the duration. The place was busy but calm – a steady stream of people coming in and being waited on, but not crazy. Just a few minutes before 5pm, our delivery representative came over and introduced himself and we got started.

My wife and I were a little hesitant to hand over our money, sign and “take delivery” of a vehicle before we had even inspected it, and were considering asking to see the car before we signed anything, but we were so nervous/distracted/excited we forgot to ask and just got caught up in the paperwork. There were about a million things which I had imagined going wrong for our delivery, but none of them happened. We did however encounter two problems - neither of which were Tesla’s fault. (I had sent them outdated registration info for my previous car, and so they were not able to use my new custom NY plates which I had brought. They issued me new plates instead – real metal ones, not paper, which surprised me. The second problem was a typo on my insurance card, which incorrectly said the date of my policy started in 2017.) Everything else was smooth – I had no trade-in, and was paying full cash so it was an easy transaction.

What seemed like hours to me getting these things resolved was actually minutes – we had finished signing the paperwork, shake hands, and they led us out to a waiting white Model X shuttle to take us over to the warehouse, just a few blocks away. When I got in the shuttle, I looked at the clock and it was only 5:30pm – I was amazed, it had felt like forever somehow.

They drove us into the warehouse where there were about 100 different Teslas all crammed together, with a few pulled out waiting for delivery. As soon as I started to inspect the car, a flurry of guys came over and started polishing it top to bottom. I was really trying to get a close look of the vehicle to make sure nothing was wrong, and it felt like they were deliberately doing this to block/distract me. After a minute or two of this, one of the guys said “would you like us to polish it up?” and I said “sure”…then to my surprise they took the car about 100 feet away and went all over it with power buffers for what seemed like an eternity while we stood there with the young woman who was our delivery coordinator. I was worried something was wrong, and they were trying to hide it. After all of my preparation for this moment, learning what to check, etc,. and I was failing hard at this. We talked with the young woman for awhile – I could write a whole post on her but suffice to say they are working 12-hour shifts there, processing 40-70 new owners a day, and they look really, awfully tired and strung out. I told her the worst push was over, and she replied “No, we still have the end of Q4 and that is going to be hell.” I felt like I should tip them, but only had a few bucks for tolls on the way home.

We eventually got the car back and she gave us a very quick run through of the controls, settings, etc. She had asked if I was familiar with the controls and I said I had watched a lot of videos online, and I think this gave her the impression we knew more than we did. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have said that. Once we were left alone I literally forgot how to do almost everything. The car only had about a 50% charge on it, and we had a long way home, so she offered us to use the heavy-duty charger there in the warehouse before we left. We spent about 20-30 minutes charging up while we played with the controls, set up our USB music, paired our Bluetooth etc. We took our time because we were not psyched about driving home in rush-hour traffic at night in unfamiliar territory.

As soon as we did start driving, I fell in love. It drove so easily that I got used to it pretty much right away. On the drive home I could already see my wife warming up to the car more and more, and she LOVES the sound system. She asked it to play random 90's Rock, and the first song it played was one of her favorite and obscure bands...she clasped her hands to her face and said "oh my god car I love you".

TLDR - It has now been a full week. I can report there were no issues with the car – everything seems to look and work just fine. I had thought the tire pressure monitors weren’t working because it didn’t report any data for either tire at first, but after a day or two it corrected itself. Bluetooth phone unlocking the drivers door has worked every time I have walked up to it. Dashcam records without issue. Have already taken a trip to Vermont and back and loved every minute. (My wife drove for one part “just until the next town”, but then when we got there she said “well, the NEXT town”, and then the next, lol. She has now said she wants a Tesla of her own.) Got to drive in the snow for the first time this morning on the way to work, and it handled better than I expected.

Tesla has been clearly in over their head on deliveries, and it is straining their staff – I felt bad for the folks at Mt. Kisco - my hats off to them, but they deliver. This car is wonderful – it is like driving a fighter jet. Keep the faith – it is worth the wait.

Sorry for the very long post – I just needed to get all of that out. So happy.

Last edited:
All’s well that ends well for us. Delivered to our home today a couple of hours late, not on a carrier but driven to us (regrettably picking up all the road dirt of yesterday’s storm) — but the car is great, and my wife loves it. The greatness of the product makes you forget all the chaotic, disorganized, pre-delivery Tesla meshugas. Now I need to find someone for paint correction and ceramic treatment in my Westchester county area, add this car to my profile, and we are set! All hail Elon!

UPDATE

Picked up my Model 3 a week ago from Mt. Kisco. Overall, things went very well. For TLDR – skip to the bottom.

After having our delivery postponed a week, my wife and I arrived last Friday at 4pm for our 5pm appointment (3 hour drive – we didn’t want to be late). We hung around the waiting area for the duration. The place was busy but calm – a steady stream of people coming in and being waited on, but not crazy. Just a few minutes before 5pm, our delivery representative came over and introduced himself and we got started.

My wife and I were a little hesitant to hand over our money, sign and “take delivery” of a vehicle before we had even inspected it, and were considering asking to see the car before we signed anything, but we were so nervous/distracted/excited we forgot to ask and just got caught up in the paperwork. There were about a million things which I had imagined going wrong for our delivery, but none of them happened. We did however encounter two problems - neither of which were Tesla’s fault. (I had sent them outdated registration info for my previous car, and so they were not able to use my new custom NY plates which I had brought. They issued me new plates instead – real metal ones, not paper, which surprised me. The second problem was a typo on my insurance card, which incorrectly said the date of my policy started in 2017.) Everything else was smooth – I had no trade-in, and was paying full cash so it was an easy transaction.

What seemed like hours to me getting these things resolved was actually minutes – we had finished signing the paperwork, shake hands, and they led us out to a waiting white Model X shuttle to take us over to the warehouse, just a few blocks away. When I got in the shuttle, I looked at the clock and it was only 5:30pm – I was amazed, it had felt like forever somehow.

They drove us into the warehouse where there were about 100 different Teslas all crammed together, with a few pulled out waiting for delivery. As soon as I started to inspect the car, a flurry of guys came over and started polishing it top to bottom. I was really trying to get a close look of the vehicle to make sure nothing was wrong, and it felt like they were deliberately doing this to block/distract me. After a minute or two of this, one of the guys said “would you like us to polish it up?” and I said “sure”…then to my surprise they took the car about 100 feet away and went all over it with power buffers for what seemed like an eternity while we stood there with the young woman who was our delivery coordinator. I was worried something was wrong, and they were trying to hide it. After all of my preparation for this moment, learning what to check, etc,. and I was failing hard at this. We talked with the young woman for awhile – I could write a whole post on her but suffice to say they are working 12-hour shifts there, processing 40-70 new owners a day, and they look really, awfully tired and strung out. I told her the worst push was over, and she replied “No, we still have the end of Q4 and that is going to be hell.” I felt like I should tip them, but only had a few bucks for tolls on the way home.

We eventually got the car back and she gave us a very quick run through of the controls, settings, etc. She had asked if I was familiar with the controls and I said I had watched a lot of videos online, and I think this gave her the impression we knew more than we did. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have said that. Once we were left alone I literally forgot how to do almost everything. The car only had about a 50% charge on it, and we had a long way home, so she offered us to use the heavy-duty charger there in the warehouse before we left. We spent about 20-30 minutes charging up while we played with the controls, set up our USB music, paired our Bluetooth etc. We took our time because we were not psyched about driving home in rush-hour traffic at night in unfamiliar territory.

As soon as we did start driving, I fell in love. It drove so easily that I got used to it pretty much right away. On the drive home I could already see my wife warming up to the car more and more, and she LOVES the sound system. She asked it to play random 90's Rock, and the first song it played was one of her favorite and obscure bands...she clasped her hands to her face and said "oh my god car I love you".

TLDR - It has now been a full week. I can report there were no issues with the car – everything seems to look and work just fine. I had thought the tire pressure monitors weren’t working because it didn’t report any data for either tire at first, but after a day or two it corrected itself. Bluetooth phone unlocking the drivers door has worked every time I have walked up to it. Dashcam records without issue. Have already taken a trip to Vermont and back and loved every minute. (My wife drove for one part “just until the next town”, but then when we got there she said “well, the NEXT town”, and then the next, lol. She has now said she wants a Tesla of her own.) Got to drive in the snow for the first time this morning on the way to work, and it handled better than I expected.

Tesla has been clearly in over their head on deliveries, and it is straining their staff – I felt bad for the folks at Mt. Kisco - my hats off to them, but they deliver. This car is wonderful – it is like driving a fighter jet. Keep the faith – it is worth the wait.

Sorry for the very long post – I just needed to get all of that out. So happy.

Awesome to read this. My wife and I are scheduled to pick up our model 3 on Monday November 26 at that same location. They have moved the delivery time up a hour since I got the initial text about this delivery date. I have also watched a ton of online videos but I think I would like the full walk through. I may bring along a few dunkin donuts or Starbucks gift cards for the crew there to say thanks after getting my car. Im still a little foggy how my taxes are gonna play out since I live in CT and will be registering the car here in state too.

Anyway, thanks for that great read. Im glad you have a great car. I hope for the same.

Doug