Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed at the last minute, Mt Kisco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to report back about my delivery at Mt Kisco. First off from what I can tell it looks like they are delivering cars pretty consistently at the store. At the off site whare house they had about 30 cars inside. Not sure if they have an outside lot but think they do because my car had leaves stuck in near the hood. My car is a metallic silver vin 113xxx and build date 10/18. Any delays that I could see where all outside of Mt Kisco control. Just wanted to report back.

Just wanted to report back about my delivery at Mt Kisco. First off from what I can tell it looks like they are delivering cars pretty consistently at the store. At the off site whare house they had about 30 cars inside. Not sure if they have an outside lot but think they do because my car had leaves stuck in near the hood. My car is a metallic silver vin 113xxx and build date 10/18. Any delays that I could see where all outside of Mt Kisco control. Just wanted to report back.

I’m picking up there Friday morning. Are you saying you took delivery at the store, not the warehouse? How long did it take you?

I’m picking up there Friday morning. Are you saying you took delivery at the store, not the warehouse? How long did it take you?
They do all the paper work at the store and then you pick up at the warehouse. Most people look like they took about an hour. Mine was a different story, but it was due to my request to have eap added. Thus they had to get a new mvpa from tesla mother ship.

They do all the paper work at the store and then you pick up at the warehouse. Most people look like they took about an hour. Mine was a different story, but it was due to my request to have eap added. Thus they had to get a new mvpa from tesla mother ship.

How has your communication been? Other than my initial order email a month ago, I have received 0 texts/emails/calls, yet my online account shows a delivery on Monday. I'm trying to chase someone down to get my trade-in info updated to get a final MPVA. Are the DA's in the SC or are they out in Vegas/CA? In other words, if you've been in contact with someone, did they end up working with you on delivery in the store or do you just get someone randomly assigned when you arrive?

How has your communication been? Other than my initial order email a month ago, I have received 0 texts/emails/calls, yet my online account shows a delivery on Monday. I'm trying to chase someone down to get my trade-in info updated to get a final MPVA. Are the DA's in the SC or are they out in Vegas/CA? In other words, if you've been in contact with someone, did they end up working with you on delivery in the store or do you just get someone randomly assigned when you arrive?
I had a DA from Vegas, actually a couple. The last one Jesse was who really got things going. The first two I never heard anything from. The guys at the store as far as I can tell can't really do anything without going through tesla mother ship. I don't know if that is Vegas or CA. All I know is that when I asked them to add eap to my mvpa they had to call someone at tesla and I waited around for about 3 hours for them to update my mvpa. This is in my opinion tesla bottleneck. My car was ready, I was paying with check and no traid in. Store had plates and all dmv stuff ready so why it takes so long to get paperwork for a software switch done is beyond me. I don't know this to be fact but I don't think any DAs are at the store.

Reactions: hanergy
I had a DA from Vegas, actually a couple. The last one Jesse was who really got things going. The first two I never heard anything from. The guys at the store as far as I can tell can't really do anything without going through tesla mother ship. I don't know if that is Vegas or CA. All I know is that when I asked them to add eap to my mvpa they had to call someone at tesla and I waited around for about 3 hours for them to update my mvpa. This is in my opinion tesla bottleneck. My car was ready, I was paying with check and no traid in. Store had plates and all dmv stuff ready so why it takes so long to get paperwork for a software switch done is beyond me. I don't know this to be fact but I don't think any DAs are at the store.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: cdeleo
Wanted to share a great experience I had with Tesla customer service today. My original delivery date was 11/21 and it was delayed to 12/1. I called the customer service number today and sat on hold for almost an hour but once I got someone I asked to schedule the appointment earlier in the day on 12/1. He informed me that my car should be at Mt Kisco this friday (it's currently somewhere between CT and westchester) and I could move up my delivery to this sunday! I'm incredibly excited, not only do I get the car a week earlier than I expected, but I also won't need to reapply for financing (12/1 would have been longer than the 30 day finance offer window).

tl;dr call customer service, wait on hold, it's worth it

I picked up at Mt. Kisco yesterday. From the time we checked in to when we drove off with our vehicle was just about 4 hours. While the process didn't go super smooth (and we all know the communication aspect of Tesla leading up to delivery is junk), I'm very happy with the car so far.

Here are some notes from my experience taking delivery at Mt. Kisco.
  • They do handle a lot of volume - pretty much all of "upstate" NY and Connecticut - so it is busy. We picked-up on a Sunday. Our DA said they had about 35 deliveries that day. He told us their busiest days were Fridays and Saturdays where they've seen up to 75 deliveries in a day.
  • The place is small if you haven't been already. They only had 1 Model 3 on display in the showroom yesterday. If you get bored, hop in and play some Teslatari :)
  • You'll most likely have to park on the street when you arrive since the parking lot is small. If you're trading in your vehicle they'll actually bring a drill out to your car and remove the license plates while it still sits on the street. I was a little nervous about this, but it seems like SOP for them and not a big deal.
  • Try to get checked in the moment you walk through the door. There isn't always someone standing at the front desk since they appeared to be spread thin, but it did seem like they went by first-come, first-served as close to your actual appointment time as possible. Meaning if you arrive 2 hours early and check in, I wouldn't expect to be attended to early unless they have a lull in other deliveries. Most who showed up while I was waiting were at most 30 minutes early for their appointment and had to wait.
  • We waited an hour from the time we checked-in to when a DA came over to assist us. It appeared to me like they only had 4 DAs handling deliveries while we were there.
  • It seemed as though they all share a printer. You'll get told their going to grab your paperwork and then it will be another 10 minutes before you see them again. This will happen multiple times as you sit down to go over everything ... I noticed this with other people dealing with other DAs, not just our own experience.
  • You'll do all of your paperwork at the main showroom.
  • Employees were complaining that there was only 1 person from the DMV scheduled to assist them. Apparently this person was also new to the job and had to handle 3 other service centers that day. They made it seem like this was the real reason for the long waits. You could tell the DAs were very frustrated by the situation.
  • When you're ready to actually take delivery they will shuttle you in a Model X over to another warehouse about 5 minutes away. Some people they will have them drive over instead of taking the shuttle. Our DA actually drove us in our trade-in over to the warehouse.
  • You'll walk in to a big warehouse (images below) that will have about 30 cars or so. The ones that were being picked-up were all lined up on the right in a row. They had names on the dash so you could find your car. The car will be on and you can start checking it out once you find it. A grouping of cars in the back left seemed to be for deliveries for other days.
  • They had definitely buffed all of the vehicles in there. They looked good and it was fun to walk around and check out the different configs.
  • Your DA should help with a nice introduction to the vehicle. Ours helped us link our phones, set a driver profile and other things. He probably spent a good 30 minutes if not more with us going over different functions of the vehicle.
In the end, while a long day, the end result was great. We didn't notice any blatant cosmetic or build issues with the car. Our only hiccup was that we were supposed to transfer the plates from our trade-in to the Tesla. The DMV ended up giving us new plates so we opted to just leave with those and deal with the plate transfer later. Otherwise we would have had to hang around even longer to clear it up.

I hope this information is helpful. Good luck to anyone taking delivery soon at Mt. Kisco. My best advice for you is patience and don't have anything else planned around your delivery appointment!
IMG_6249.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg

Awesome to read this. My wife and I are scheduled to pick up our model 3 on Monday November 26 at that same location. They have moved the delivery time up a hour since I got the initial text about this delivery date. I have also watched a ton of online videos but I think I would like the full walk through. I may bring along a few dunkin donuts or Starbucks gift cards for the crew there to say thanks after getting my car. Im still a little foggy how my taxes are gonna play out since I live in CT and will be registering the car here in state too.

Anyway, thanks for that great read. Im glad you have a great car. I hope for the same.

Doug

Picked up my M3 at Kisco this afternoon. Maybe I saw you there!! The experience was mixed. Plus: the car was ready and in good shape. Minus: the walkthrough was mediocre at best. I knew more than the "rookie" expert, who left out loads of details like: how to put the car in drive! But he was very cheerful and chatty. And that counts for something...
But the real plus was the driving experience. Haven't enjoyed a car this much since my BMW 2002...back in the day.
Good luck with yours...

Must have just missed you today! That's my white one with the trunk lid up.
I lucked out. Got there an hour earlier than my appointment at 1:30...did the paperwork..and the guy who showed me around was not terribly knowledgeable about details.

Was out in about an hour...hope you enjoy your new ride!

I picked up at Mt. Kisco yesterday. From the time we checked in to when we drove off with our vehicle was just about 4 hours. While the process didn't go super smooth (and we all know the communication aspect of Tesla leading up to delivery is junk), I'm very happy with the car so far.

Here are some notes from my experience taking delivery at Mt. Kisco.
  • They do handle a lot of volume - pretty much all of "upstate" NY and Connecticut - so it is busy. We picked-up on a Sunday. Our DA said they had about 35 deliveries that day. He told us their busiest days were Fridays and Saturdays where they've seen up to 75 deliveries in a day.
  • The place is small if you haven't been already. They only had 1 Model 3 on display in the showroom yesterday. If you get bored, hop in and play some Teslatari :)
  • You'll most likely have to park on the street when you arrive since the parking lot is small. If you're trading in your vehicle they'll actually bring a drill out to your car and remove the license plates while it still sits on the street. I was a little nervous about this, but it seems like SOP for them and not a big deal.
  • Try to get checked in the moment you walk through the door. There isn't always someone standing at the front desk since they appeared to be spread thin, but it did seem like they went by first-come, first-served as close to your actual appointment time as possible. Meaning if you arrive 2 hours early and check in, I wouldn't expect to be attended to early unless they have a lull in other deliveries. Most who showed up while I was waiting were at most 30 minutes early for their appointment and had to wait.
  • We waited an hour from the time we checked-in to when a DA came over to assist us. It appeared to me like they only had 4 DAs handling deliveries while we were there.
  • It seemed as though they all share a printer. You'll get told their going to grab your paperwork and then it will be another 10 minutes before you see them again. This will happen multiple times as you sit down to go over everything ... I noticed this with other people dealing with other DAs, not just our own experience.
  • You'll do all of your paperwork at the main showroom.
  • Employees were complaining that there was only 1 person from the DMV scheduled to assist them. Apparently this person was also new to the job and had to handle 3 other service centers that day. They made it seem like this was the real reason for the long waits. You could tell the DAs were very frustrated by the situation.
  • When you're ready to actually take delivery they will shuttle you in a Model X over to another warehouse about 5 minutes away. Some people they will have them drive over instead of taking the shuttle. Our DA actually drove us in our trade-in over to the warehouse.
  • You'll walk in to a big warehouse (images below) that will have about 30 cars or so. The ones that were being picked-up were all lined up on the right in a row. They had names on the dash so you could find your car. The car will be on and you can start checking it out once you find it. A grouping of cars in the back left seemed to be for deliveries for other days.
  • They had definitely buffed all of the vehicles in there. They looked good and it was fun to walk around and check out the different configs.
  • Your DA should help with a nice introduction to the vehicle. Ours helped us link our phones, set a driver profile and other things. He probably spent a good 30 minutes if not more with us going over different functions of the vehicle.
In the end, while a long day, the end result was great. We didn't notice any blatant cosmetic or build issues with the car. Our only hiccup was that we were supposed to transfer the plates from our trade-in to the Tesla. The DMV ended up giving us new plates so we opted to just leave with those and deal with the plate transfer later. Otherwise we would have had to hang around even longer to clear it up.

I hope this information is helpful. Good luck to anyone taking delivery soon at Mt. Kisco. My best advice for you is patience and don't have anything else planned around your delivery appointment!
View attachment 355603 View attachment 355604

Hey guys , wow must of missed you both. We got there about 3:15 pm and did not go to the car until about 4:30 ( exactly when the heavy raining started!) ... oh well. the car is great , wow what a crazy piece of machine. Here it is with the truck up and the only time it was dry.
So stupid question, did you leave with any paperwork?? I have nothing physical except the temp plate in my back window. I signed all the forms, and we were taken to the delivery area. Maybe it was rushed to go to delivery but I got no paper work or does it go into your Tesla
account?

I am on hold now waiting to talk to Tesla customer service since I find it strange this is the case.

Doug

8E36E7C5-1C1E-4C14-A06B-FD17A363E67A.JPG

Attachments

• 0CD91F76-2516-400F-B84D-A2F5102ADBC1.JPG
    0CD91F76-2516-400F-B84D-A2F5102ADBC1.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 44
  • image.png
    image.png
    453.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Reactions: cdeleo
oh and I got the new guy for my car walk through. It was quick, about 10 minutes and since I was ok with how to put it in park, drive and reverse he seemed relaxed and probably was thinking I knew my stuff. Since it was crazy rain I was like how to make sure the defrosters are working, wipers are not all on auto, you know that type of stuff. First regen braking outside that car warehouse I was like, woah we are not in Kansas anymore. Driving home the 1 /12 hour through New York, then CT in mostly rush hour bumper to bumper traffic I got the feel for the car.

Best part had to be surprising my 11 year old son with the car after picking him up on the way home.
He knew nothing about it and once he tried to open the back door he knew something was up ;>
it was dark out, and my other car was black like this one ... good times ..

Last edited:
Hey guys , wow must of missed you both. We got there about 3:15 pm and did not go to the car until about 4:30 ( exactly when the heavy raining started!) ... oh well. the car is great , wow what a crazy piece of machine. Here it is with the truck up and the only time it was dry.
So stupid question, did you leave with any paperwork?? I have nothing physical except the temp plate in my back window. I signed all the forms, and we were taken to the delivery area. Maybe it was rushed to go to delivery but I got no paper work or does it go into your Tesla
account?

I am on hold now waiting to talk to Tesla customer service since I find it strange this is the case.

Doug

We did not leave with any paperwork, but our DA had e-mailed it all to me about an hour after we left.

Congrats on the car!

We did not leave with any paperwork, but our DA had e-mailed it all to me about an hour after we left.

Congrats on the car!

thanks! I spoke to Tesla at Mt Kisco today and the confirmed i would get the paperwork added to my account. Nothing yet but ill give it a few days. One thing they completely dropped the ball on was the CT cheapr rebate, they were supposed to have me sign a form and give them a blank voided check. i asked repeatedly about that rebate while singing the few forms we all get and no form for this was presented or voided check taken. During my call today to them the associate said i should of had that given to me and she would send me an email with the rebate form and can reply with a pic of the voided check. I guess even though i asked about it more than a few time and not really knowing what this rebate would consist of since it was all to be done by the dealer according to the CT gov web site FAQ on it still fell through the cracks.