Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed Boop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have a delayed alert when closing the liftgate on the X? When I tap the button, the liftgate begins to close, then about halfway down I get the "boop." Hence, delayed boop.

It isn't a big deal from a safety perspective, it's just weird.

How long was the liftgate open for? I've had that issue when our non Tesla is asleep and needs to wake up and get the audio system active to make the door lock noise.

Anyone else have a delayed alert when closing the liftgate on the X? When I tap the button, the liftgate begins to close, then about halfway down I get the "boop." Hence, delayed boop.

It isn't a big deal from a safety perspective, it's just weird.

Yup, same thing though not every time. It seemed to have started a couple of releases ago? I don't remember the delay when we first picked it up (May 2017).

Reactions: FarmerDave
My delay is not consistent. Sometimes it's a second and sometimes it's 1/10th of a second. It sounds like a software issue and I did report this to Tesla. For safety reasons, I feel that the 'boop' should be sounded before the trunk starts closing, just to give you the maximum amount of time to get out of the way (if you accidently click the fob). Makes no sense to make a noise after it starts closing.