TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delayed deliverables: floor mats, jump seats, HPWC, Carbon Spoiler

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Erleichda, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Erleichda

Erleichda Member

It's now been over 2 months since our delivery, and while we love the car I'm getting very frustrated at the communication from service. I realize that they may wish to wait to provide all deliverables due to us at once, the simple fact is that it is ridiculous to not even have floor mats. I've pointed out I've been showing the car to dozens of people, and it really reflects badly on them to not even have floor mats.

It seems all cars now being delivered have the jump seats, have the floor mats. We need to start a poll or thread that asks for what has not been delivered, when your car was delivered and when it is finally delivered I think to highlight this issue. What do others think, interested in opinions?

MO

2. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I think there are a lot of threads about this. I can see that this sucks; I'd be miffed as well. I have to assume that there are a lot of supplier issues, and frankly I'd rather have Tesla solve the 12V problems, windshield stress fractures, sleep of death problems, fogging, charge door issues, tail light condensation issues, software glitches, and manpower shortages than concentrate on the jump seats and floor mats.

Besides, I have the stock floor mats and they are horrible. You're not missing anything. Go buy some Coco mats or Lloyds. They're better...way better.

3. Erleichda

Erleichda Member

link to coco or lloyds?

4. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

5. blc1017

blc1017 Member

Based on comments in other threads, I went ahead and ordered Lloyd's mats ahead of getting the car delivered, so I would have what I wanted when I received the car.

6. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

I too am getting frustrated. It's been 3 months for me, and no word on CF spoiler or cargo shelf. How long should one have to wait for items that were supposed to be included with the car?

The local service folks have been good about keeping in touch with me about some of the other issues I've had (back ordered door handle for a month, getting the correct dash trim installed), but I still have no word on my other items.

7. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

My dad's been waiting for some of the stuff since October. I've been waiting since January.

That said, it's not like the carbon fiber spoiler not being on my car makes it the car suck. They've had to not only catch up on parts manufacture (and some of the parts are from outside suppliers) but also create a whole distribution and accounting system for the due bill items. In my most recent discussion withe Jason in Portland he mentioned that the new software to do all that JUST came online recently. So basically, we just need to be patient... some more.