Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed delivery due to trucking delays.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to take delivery today but Tesla delayed the delivery as the truck didn’t arrive. They are pushing me to take delivery on the 30th June due to their end of quarter push but I have medical appointments the next two days possibly requiring in patient stay. No other family can take delivery. There’s potential for discharge on July 1st within three days notice per the purchase agreement. Anyone else encountered something similar and can I legally push them and not be obligated to fulfill their numbers? legally per MVPA July 1st is within the three day period, yes?

I was supposed to take delivery today but Tesla delayed the delivery as the truck didn’t arrive. They are pushing me to take delivery on the 30th June due to their end of quarter push but I have medical appointments the next two days possibly requiring in patient stay. No other family can take delivery. There’s potential for discharge on July 1st within three days notice per the purchase agreement. Anyone else encountered something similar and can I legally push them and not be obligated to fulfill their numbers? legally per MVPA July 1st is within the three day period, yes?
No you cannot legally push them. No attorney would take that case. And if they felt like robbing you, you would still lose.

Read your MVPA and you will see what your recourse is.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Upvote 0
3 days would be June 28, 29 and 30. And you scheduled the 28th since you were busy the other two days. You upheld the scheduling part of your end. Not sure if the trucking delay resets the timeline to whatever day the vehicle shows up at the delivery center. I don’t believe the MVPA mentions delays caused by the truck not arriving in time.

Upvote 0
3 days would be June 28, 29 and 30. And you scheduled the 28th since you were busy the other two days. You upheld the scheduling part of your end. Not sure if the trucking delay resets the timeline to whatever day the vehicle shows up at the delivery center. I don’t believe the MVPA mentions delays caused by the truck not arriving in time.
That’s how I am reading it. As the clause says they will notify the arrival of the car and then I have three days to take delivery. Since 28th is gone the car comes tomorrow and the three days will be July 1st. Let’s see how my medical appointments go

Upvote 0
Coincidence that Illinois July 1 is the state rebate start date. Hmmm
Yep, that was originally my reason to delay until July 1st but then Tesla denied and we agreed to June 28th. Anyhow rebate is not the reason for the question. The hope is we don’t need an inpatient stay and we can take delivery on 30th. My question is more on not losing the VIN just because I can’t take the delivery on 30th since I would technically be under three day notice per agreement.

Upvote 0
Yep, that was originally my reason to delay until July 1st but then Tesla denied and we agreed to June 28th. Anyhow rebate is not the reason for the question. The hope is we don’t need an inpatient stay and we can take delivery on 30th. My question is more on not losing the VIN just because I can’t take the delivery on 30th since I would technically be under three day notice per agreement.
How has this worked out?

Upvote 0