Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed License Plates for Model Y in Illinois

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my new Model Y mid-June 2021. My temporary plates expired on 9/30/2021. I cannot get anyone from Tesla on the phone nor any meaningful information from the store located near my house in Highland Park, IL.

I tried calling the Department of Motor Vehicles but that turned into a dead-end as well.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help from anyone as I do not want to get a ticket for this problem.

Thanks

Reactions: GadgetGary
Here in NJ, when I picked up my car in March, it took about 2 1/2 months to get my plates. Not a Tesla issue, the MVC was backed up and mostly working from home. But temp tags were extended for several months by the state.

You can try contacting Tesla Roadside Assistance Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Since not having valid plates for your Tesla vehicle due to some action that the Tesla Sales Office still needs to complete for your purchase could prevent you from legally driving your Tesla vehicle Roadside assistance should be willing to assist you. The Roadside Assistance operators have a way of contacting Tesla Sales and Service.