Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed start of drivers screen after AP3 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my AP2.0 and MCU1 2017 Model X updated with the AP3 upgrade. Since then the driver's screen in the back of the steering wheel goes to sleep much more than before. I have tried turning off energy savings and using always connected. It still takes about 30 seconds for the driver's screen to boot up. Has anyone else seen this delay and is there a solution to get a quicker boot up?

Reactions: Tom Kilroy
I recently had my AP2.0 and MCU1 2017 Model X updated with the AP3 upgrade. Since then the driver's screen in the back of the steering wheel goes to sleep much more than before. I have tried turning off energy savings and using always connected. It still takes about 30 seconds for the driver's screen to boot up. Has anyone else seen this delay and is there a solution to get a quicker boot up?
Does “AP3 upgrade” mean you also had your MCU1 changed to MCU2?

My early 2016 that has had no mods does this now too. So either it's another symptom of the emmc failure or the result of some firmware "feature" introduced recently.

Additional clarification: I am still using MCU1 did not upgrade to MCU2

Reactions: Tom Kilroy
17 MS FSD AP3 and MCU 1, same thing here on 36.11 software. The good thing is my phantom drain is way down so I just assumed they improved the sleep. In the AM I unlock the doors via app before going out to the car so I don't have to wait in the drivers seat for it to turn on.

I just had my AP2 computer replaced with AP3, I was on the fence about the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade until the last minute. I went for it in the end, and have to say am very happy with it. If you are planning to keep the car longterm get the MCU2 upgrade.