Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed turn stalk blinker audio, navigation position, and automatic day/night mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Own a 2022 Model 3 RWD with AMD Ryzen infotainment processor delivered in 1/2022.

When I start the car, I often experience a delay before certain functions on the center display begin to function correctly. Sometimes the turn signal indicator will blink on the screen but not produce the ticking sound effect. Sometimes my current navigation position will not update until I've been on the road for several minutes. If I last drove the car at night, the UI will be stuck in the dark background mode. Typically all 3 issues happen simultaneously and also resolve themselves simultaneously after the vehicle has been powered on for anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes. It's been doing this since I took delivery back in 1/2022. Tesla service has been unable to find any fault.

My car doesn't get much use and is typically parked in an indoor garage for several days at a time. The issues don't occur if I leave it parked for a shorter duration such as multiple trips within the same day.

As this is my first and only Tesla, I don't know if this is considered normal. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

That doesnt sound normal to me. My wifes model Y is a 2022 with ryzen processor, and I dont notice any of that. When is the last time you rebooted it by holding both scroll wheels on the steering wheel?

Oh, it's been rebooted many, many times over the course of the last year. When I took it in for service, they also disconnected everything to check wiring and found nothing. To me it looks like it's getting hung up on something during boot-up after being turned on. As is typical with Linux machines, when an item hangs during boot, it will sometimes wait until some timeout period expires before continuing to the next item in the boot sequence. That is likely why a bunch of different unrelated systems (blinkers, nav, day/night mode) are all non-functional until the entire boot sequence can complete.

On my last service visit, I also lost all driver profiles so it's possible there is something wrong with the file system or onboard flash storage. Guess if nobody else has experienced similar issues, then I will have to take it into service yet again and insist they take a deeper look.