Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed UK delivery of used S Class

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having ordered a used S Class from Tesla which states “available for immediate delivery” I am told it may be another two weeks as all used deliveries are in stop for a software update. Now call me old fashioned but two weeks to upgrade software sound more than a little suspicious to me? Any thoughts welcome.

I would think that is not unreasonable if you consider the following scenario.
They could have an update that they feel is important but needs some additional testing. They know the upgrade is coming and therefore, holding off to avoid recalls. Lots of other scenarios.

Slightly unrelated, Tesla doesn't have a "S Class". That's Mercedes. Assuming it is Tesla, then I suspect you are getting a "Model S".

Updates take about 45 minutes and can be done remotely. As others pointed out, it's more likely they are waiting for a specific update that may not be released yet. In some countries, manufacturers cannot sell a car (used or new) if a released recall has not been applied. There have been several trivial recalls that are corrected via software. I suspect that's the holdup.

Slightly unrelated, Tesla doesn't have a "S Class". That's Mercedes. Assuming it is Tesla, then I suspect you are getting a "Model S".

Updates take about 45 minutes and can be done remotely. As others pointed out, it's more likely they are waiting for a specific update that may not be released yet. In some countries, manufacturers cannot sell a car (used or new) if a released recall has not been applied. There have been several trivial recalls that are corrected via software. I suspect that's the holdup.

Thank you for pointing out my error… duly corrected!😁 model S it will be from now on. I acknowledge your useful int on updates, it is lack of communication that is disappointing. Thanks again