TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delayed

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by KatyF, Sep 28, 2019.

1. KatyF

KatyF Member

So excited to be part of the end of quarter crunch. Sigh. I saw a blue Model 3 out for delivery this morning. My blue model x was scheduled for 12-2pm today. It’s only the 28th. ;-)

2. pereiks

pereiks Member

Trying to decipher, did you get rescheduled for the new date?

3. KatyF

KatyF Member

Yes, they offered “later tonight” or 10-12 on Sunday. Took the Sunday appointment and took a nap

4. alphainfinity

alphainfinity Supporting Member

Congrats Katy! It is worth the wait. Let us know how things go.

5. KatyF

KatyF Member

It was delivered!

Full disclosure. I made the purchase without having taken a ride or a test drive.

I got in and spent some time trying to find the on button. The intern that delivered it finally pointed to the shifter.

I have to say, that was an a-ha moment, just shift into drive and go. What a concept! Nice to have it be a reality.

• Like x 1
  6. pereiks

pereiks Member

Ha ha, any issues with it? Looks like none

7. robski

robski Member

Congrats! Yeah turning it on and just going is a pretty neat experience! But there's another concept that does need some work IMO, and that's getting out of the vehicle in an emergency...especially the falcon wing doors. Make everyone in the family go through it and do it themselves. After that ain't nothing gonna stop you from living the dream :)

8. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

The whole unlock when you walk up, lock when you walk away, and always on when you butt is in the seat was a watershed moment for me. Every time I drive one of my other cars I worry about leaving it running and unlocked when I park and walk away. Why can't they all be like a tesla?