Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delaying delivery date - Luck of the draw scenario?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have seen many posts ,some times conflicting information about delaying delivery date. Trying to see what is really happening

We got vin number assigned and have an option to take delivery in the next 2 weeks or so. My situation is that there is no real need for a new car now or for the next 6 to 10 months for sure. This ModelY is for my wife and given the current cars and travel needs we have, this car Model Y is a nice to have addition at this point...that's all. With the possibility of EV Tax credit bill being passed some time this year, I think we are in a position to wait to take delivery.

From the posts here, it looks like some people were able to successfully delay the delivery date for 1 plus years where as for some others they could do only for 3 months. Also, once they were ready to take the hold off the delivery date some of them got it right away but some them the dates were pushed further down the line.

To me it looks like it is more like luck of the draw than anything else. What is everyone's thoughts?