[mod note: Updated thread title for clarification reasons - b.] Just curious to see how many others are likely waiting until 2013 to get their Model S because of the limitations put on by Tesla--either battery pack not available, preferred paint color, or options you don't want (air suspension) making impossible to take delivery even if you're early on the waiting list. I'm R77 and would have expected to be able to take delivery by August or September, but this car is already a HUGE stretch for my budget and with the options I feel I really need/want will be pushing $80k, almost 3 times more than I've every paid for a car in my life. We have some money saved up, but am still looking at a $30-40k loan to cover the balance of the cost. We also have personal investments for retirement we need to make, so that factors in as well, and putting off the purchase until 2013 will allow us to make our investments and delay the cash expense of the car. I'm also aware that waiting a few months makes some practical sense in that many of the production "kinks" tend to get worked out over a period of time from the initial roll-out. I'm sure Tesla will fix any issues that crop up in those early roll-outs, but living where I do, getting the car in for repair or paying a Ranger to come do it is not ideal. I know several people feel that the options I'm prioritizing are different than what they would suggest, but I'm making what I think are the best choices for my personal situation (living ~200-240 miles from several large metropolitan areas) without pushing my wife to the threshold of just making be buy a used Saturn instead of the Model S.:crying: I suspect there are several others on this uncomfortable ledge along with me. I desperately want my Model S and have had my money down since March of '09, but reality is hitting home and I just can't put out any more cash and put my personal finances at risk for the sake of a few more months of waiting.