TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delaying my reservation

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by miggz410, Jul 20, 2017.

1. miggz410

miggz410 Member

Currently a Model S owner and also on reservation for Model 3 since reveal night... Base on what I'm seeing so far about the Model 3, I'm thinking about pushing back my configuration or delivery when my turn comes up. Does my name go back at the end of the line, or just until when I'm ready. Reason is because I would like to wait it out a bit for them to work out all the kinks, and see if there's any improvement from the first initial release.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Until you're ready. But behind anyone who's willing to buy a more expensive car than you. :p

I think they original said 1 deferral (i.e. you get to specify a date in the future when you'll configure). But in reality I don't think that they'll care for a while and will be happy to hold onto your reservation money.

3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

We have no details, but likely you'll hold your spot at the start of the line until you're ready.

4. Robert831

Robert831 Member

I was wondering the same thing, but for different reasons. I imagine if you wait long enough, it won't matter because there will no longer be a waiting list.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Allegedly there are people who still have not used their Model X reservations. I think you can hold and not use until you are ready. If they run out of reservations totally, yeah, then that might be the end of the 'deferral' time period (2019?).

6. Brando

Brando Member

Wait til you're ready. Don't order what you don't want to own. They will never refuse your order and your priority won't suffer. They will tell you your wait time and waiting for what you actually want is best, no?

7. miggz410

miggz410 Member

Thanks for the reply back guys... Look like right now I will be waiting until the dual motor release the earliest after seeing my delivery estimator.

• First Production
      310 mile range with Rear Wheel Drive
      $49,000
      Oct - Dec 2017
    • Standard Battery
      220 mile range with Rear Wheel Drive
      $35,000
      Dec 2017 - Feb 2018
    • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
      Choice of 220 or 310 mile range
      Jun - Aug 2018