TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delays in deposit refunds.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Lump, Jul 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lump

Lump Active Member

• Informative x 2
  2. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

I mean if you think about it, how many people do you think they have working on processing refund requests? Probably 2 junior first year finance analysts in the Controller dept, and most certainly not their full time job.

3. Lump

Lump Active Member

The old "they are still startup" excuse.

4. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

You didn't need that $1k for a year but now you need it tomorrow? C'mon folks, chill.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. TrickyDimitri

TrickyDimitri Soon...very soon.

I have to agree with you on this one. I recently had a customer service issue with Tesla, and getting somebody to be responsive was about a painful as having a tooth pulled. I support the mission of a Tesla, but that experience did give me pause about what life with a Tesla may be like if something goes wrong. I think it is the risk we all take. The Model 3 may be targeted for the masses, but the reality is that they are still going for a smaller audience than most car companies.

6. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

No one said anything about needing it "tomorrow." The fact of the matter is they need to get a handle on this. My friend who was a day 1 order decided to go with the Bolt. It took 2 months and several phone calls to get the refund. This is not acceptable in any way, no matter how much you support the mission. Tesla has a 60 billion market cap, they are in the big leagues now. They need to act like it in all regards. They have moved on to the mass-market mainstream segment of the population who unlike early adopters are not going to be satisfied/excuse/put up with lack of delays such as this and poor communication.

• Like x 2
  7. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

#7 MXWing, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Must not be a good friend if you allowed him to jump into a Bolt. ewww

• Funny x 3