Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
My Tesla M3 is with body shop repair for past 2 months, as the parts they have ordered from Tesla are on ‘back order’.
With these parts on being ‘back order’ , there is no time frame given on when these parts will be sent from Tesla.
So I have no idea when my car will be repaired and so I can drive it again As it is currently undriveable due to the damage.
is there anyway of finding out from Tesla exact situation with regards to supply?
The situation is very frustrating to say the least, as this could continue for more weeks, or even more months !

Solution

It's a sticky. You could try calling or emailing one of the parts team and ask them what the situation is.
Good question I was tempted to ask but didn’t get round to it. I had a crash on 23rd October and had been given the same “parts on back order” from body shop and no ETA could be given. In my case, in case it gives you hope, the final parts have now arrived at the body shop.

I’m wondering how much more complicated it is and will become to source parts when Tesla keeps tweaking the standard build so often.

I hope you get some good news soon and can get back in your car shortly.

Upvote 0
Good question I was tempted to ask but didn’t get round to it. I had a crash on 23rd October and had been given the same “parts on back order” from body shop and no ETA could be given. In my case, in case it gives you hope, the final parts have now arrived at the body shop.

I’m wondering how much more complicated it is and will become to source parts when Tesla keeps tweaking the standard build so often.

I hope you get some good news soon and can get back in your car shortly.
Thanks , good to know there are some good stories out there. it would be a bit of a consolation to have some sort of ETA with regards to the parts, which is why I was hoping there was way to to contact Tesla directly to get a response to this. Body shop has received most of the parts, there are just 2 outstanding and they can’t start the job without these 2 parts.

Upvote 0

It's a sticky. You could try calling or emailing one of the parts team and ask them what the situation is.

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
Upvote 0
Solution

Thanks for this . Much appreciated.

Reactions: init6
Upvote 0
. it would be a bit of a consolation to have some sort of ETA with regards to the parts, which is why I was hoping there was way to to contact Tesla directly to get a response to this. Body shop has received most of the parts, there are just 2 outstanding and they can’t start the job without these 2 parts.

Do you know which parts dept the repair shop is dealing with at Tesla? If you do, you can contact them, if you don't, contact Heathrow parts. Hopefully they will be willing to answer some generic questions regarding parts availability even if they would not be willing to discuss your specific car. Let them have your VIN though just in the off chance they do have an order against your car.

There are UK contact details in the sticky threads.

Reactions: Solostar
Upvote 0