Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deleting Sentry Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I park on a city street I can return to the message "x sentry mode events" where x can be a large number (max for me is 32)! They are usually just of people walking past. I do a quick circuit of the car to see that nothing is awry and so the 32 videos can be deleted. But how? It's a pain to remove the drive and delete them on my computer and doing it by hand in the car is time-consuming. What do you do?

It's tricky where you're parked somewhere with enough activity to generate sentry events.

I typically run two approaches:

a) when I've only got the odd one, a quick review on the in-car viewer (tap camera icon when parked, "Launch viewer") and delete each unwanted one when I'm waiting for the kids.

or if there are lots / I can't be bothered / I've not kept up

b) rotate the microSD card (I have two). I keep the one I just removed to one side for a month (until I've washed the car, plenty of time to notice any issues) and then swap it back into the car and reformat it to clear (as boaterva says) and keep the other one aside for a month ...

When I park on a city street I can return to the message "x sentry mode events" where x can be a large number (max for me is 32)! They are usually just of people walking past. I do a quick circuit of the car to see that nothing is awry and so the 32 videos can be deleted. But how? It's a pain to remove the drive and delete them on my computer and doing it by hand in the car is time-consuming. What do you do?
Nothing! It is constantly writing events over the oldest. So, why worry about it. You'll always see the most recent.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
this has been discussed before once the ability to format became possible on the car.

the best way to MASS delete is to do so simple format. otherwise, if you have some files you want to keep, you will have to manually delete each one.

it would be nice to have if tesla were to add the ability to select some and delete only those.