Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivered but not without issues with fit and paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla not have someone doing a final check before the cars are loaded and sent to delivery centers? This is terrible.

You just need to hire a QC that put a check mark on everything and problem solved. That’s how factories work. $$$

The thing is some people have a lower standard and have no experience at the good life of luxury cars. The delivery guy just need to sweet talk them to accept the car and move on. That’s how businesses are conducted. If only 1 in 50 complains, they might still be ahead. They rather fix them later but now they need Q2 numbers.

Last edited:
2 questions:

1) if you refuse to take delivery what happens? Do you then get your $2500 deposit back?

2) if you take delivery and then discover issues, how strict are they on the 7 day return? I noticed on the website it says you can return within 7 days /1000 miles if you haven’t test driven. Does that mean test driven a Tesla or this particular unit? I drove a Model 3 two weeks ago, which is why I decided to order. These quality issues are making me a little sketched out.

2 questions:

1) if you refuse to take delivery what happens? Do you then get your $2500 deposit back?

2) if you take delivery and then discover issues, how strict are they on the 7 day return? I noticed on the website it says you can return within 7 days /1000 miles if you haven’t test driven. Does that mean test driven a Tesla or this particular unit? I drove a Model 3 two weeks ago, which is why I decided to order. These quality issues are making me a little sketched out.

I wouldn't drive yourself nuts. When you read the forums it makes it seem like every car made has a bunch of problems. The reality is that these forums represent a small sample size of owners and you tend to hear folks share their complaints and such. Keep in mind there are thousands of cars being delivered and the majority don't have any major issues.

The cool thing about these cars is how modular they are. 80% of issues can be fixed in the field by mobile service techs.

as a corollary there are thousands of people who are taking delivery and are not on these forums as well (both those with and without issues)

Anyways, My car is at Tesla and they have given me a loaner while they fix the above issues. I do plan to let them fix it and keep the car

Reactions: lax1mxb