Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivered today! FSD purchased but only EAP shows ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Month long lurker here- thanks to this community, I took delivery of a used 2017 75d today without feeling super lost within the process and about the features.

2 questions:

1. The car I purchased came wjth full self driving, but the software screen only shows enhanced autopilot. (Screenshots for clarity) We asked one of the employees about this and he said it is because fsd is slowly being rolled out. The car is ap2/mcu1. Is what he said true,and I should just wait for my software update? or is it bc I need to upgrade to ap3 ?or do I need to have service update the car?

2. I used a referral link for 1000 mi free super charging when I purchased the car. How do I check they I received this or do I not get this because it was a used car?

Thank you for all the help!

...I should just wait for my software update? or is it bc I need to upgrade to ap3 ?or do I need to have service update the car?...

HW2 will never be able to achieve FSD even when you are willing to wait for software updates forever.

I would not wait for a software update for MCU1/HW2 for FSD because you'll need to update the hardware to FSD computer (HW3).

I would book an appointment with Service Center for a pre-paid hardware upgrade to FSD computer (HW3).

I would also strongly suggest paying an additional $2,500 to upgrade to MCU2. It's possible to have HW3 and MCU1 but be aware that some owners of MCU1 complain that the MCU1 will be significantly slower and more freezes/crashes because HW3 takes too much demand from the MCU.

• Informative
Reactions: 2101Guy
HW2 will never be able to achieve FSD even when you are willing to wait for software updates forever.

I would not wait for a software update for MCU1/HW2 for FSD because you'll need to update the hardware to FSD computer (HW3).

I would book an appointment with Service Center for a pre-paid hardware upgrade to FSD computer (HW3).

I would also strongly suggest paying an additional $2,500 to upgrade to MCU2. It's possible to have HW3 and MCU1 but be aware that some owners of MCU1 complain that the MCU1 will be significantly slower and more freezes/crashes because HW3 takes too much demand from the MCU.
Thank you! I think that is what I will do :)

H

1. The car I purchased came wjth full self driving, but the software screen only shows enhanced autopilot. (Screenshots for clarity) We asked one of the employees about this and he said it is because fsd is slowly being rolled out. The car is ap2/mcu1. Is what he said true,and I should just wait for my software update? or is it bc I need to upgrade to ap3 ?or do I need to have service update the car?

Your car does not have the FSD license.

Good possibility: Tesla somehow forgot to turn it on after deciding to sell the car as having FSD. They should fix it with a service ticket.

Likely possibility: The car was sold as "Full Self Driving capability" and doesn't actually include the license, but because it's HW2.0 it can be upgraded to the HW3.0 full self driving computer if you pay them whatever the current EAP->FSD upgrade price is.

Are you certain it was sold as having the FSD package? What was the language used?