Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivered with a random software version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y was delivered with software version 20202.39.101, which is a version that I can find no trace of online. It has most of the latest release notes, like priority bluetooth and glovebox PIN, but just a little strange to have an "in between" version at delivery.

When I asked the Tesla SC when I was in for another reason, they shrugged their shoulders and said software will update within a few days after delivery. I have had it two weeks, it is connected to a strong wifi router in the garage that my Model 3 gets its updates from.

I am only curious if anyone else has had an unusual version at delivery.

He just typoed an extra 2. When I got mine it had some in between version as well that was never mentioned anywhere. Took 3 weeks before I got my first update, even when people who bought there car after me were getting updates.

Saw this with Model 3 deliveries, the version that the car leaves the factory with seems to be a special version with a three digit number at the end instead of one or two digits. Probably some extra factory testing bits of code in it that aren't needed elsewhere.