TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivered Without Wiper Fluid

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by byan1232, Mar 16, 2016.

1. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Hey guys,

I just recently took delivery of my 90D on Monday 3/14. I found out today that they did not add any wiper fluid. I was wondering if any of you guys experienced the same issue.

Not as bad as a drive unit failure but still an inconvenience having to go to a service center.

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

I heard of something similar from another owner.

In his case, the car had wiper fluid but there were some shipping plugs/clips still in the car that were stopping the fluid from flowing. Apparently they are supposed to remove these during pre-delivery inspection, but didn't in that case.

Kind of like those little bits of plastic you get in new printers.

3. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

4. Tree95

Tree95 Member

Are you pressing the washer button all the way? You have to push it more than the 'first' spot which just activates the wiper for a single sweep. Keep pressing to activate the washer.

I also though my car was delivered without washer fluid. I was wrong. It was operator error.

• Like x 1
  5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Depending upon where you live, that might be a good thing. The OE wiper fluid isn't much more than coloured water :)

6. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

There also may be air in the lines that the fluid may need to displace through the nozzles. I'm certainly going to check mine when I pick up in the next week (in transit still!)

7. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

I had a sprayer pump failure at about 6 months. You can hear the motor going but nothing comes out the nozzles. Replaced under warranty, no problem since.

8. Max*

Max* Charging

This. I had this exact problem. I almost took my car back to figure out why the washer fluid doesn't work, until I accidentally pressed it harder, and the washer fluid started coming out.

• Like x 1
  9. Paulharmo

Paulharmo Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that did this :p

Drove home in a rainstorm, tried to use the washers, and they never sprayed! Seriously?

So I went to Autozone, picked up some washer fluid, and poured it in to find that it took less than a quart... Hmm. Tried again, and pushed harder this time, and BOOM! Windshield washers!

I laughed at myself, shut my Frunk, and left. :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  10. Shaggy

Shaggy Member

Part of the new Showroom mode is NOW they are disabled in the display cars...

11. Barry

Barry Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. First time I used my windshield washer, at about 25F, it froze on the windshield.

• Informative x 1