Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivered Without Wiper Fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I just recently took delivery of my 90D on Monday 3/14. I found out today that they did not add any wiper fluid. I was wondering if any of you guys experienced the same issue.

Not as bad as a drive unit failure but still an inconvenience having to go to a service center.

I heard of something similar from another owner.

In his case, the car had wiper fluid but there were some shipping plugs/clips still in the car that were stopping the fluid from flowing. Apparently they are supposed to remove these during pre-delivery inspection, but didn't in that case.

Kind of like those little bits of plastic you get in new printers.

Are you pressing the washer button all the way? You have to push it more than the 'first' spot which just activates the wiper for a single sweep. Keep pressing to activate the washer.

I also though my car was delivered without washer fluid. I was wrong. It was operator error.

Reactions: Max*
Are you pressing the washer button all the way? You have to push it more than the 'first' spot which just activates the wiper for a single sweep. Keep pressing to activate the washer.

I also though my car was delivered without washer fluid. I was wrong. It was operator error.

There also may be air in the lines that the fluid may need to displace through the nozzles. I'm certainly going to check mine when I pick up in the next week (in transit still!)

This. I had this exact problem. I almost took my car back to figure out why the washer fluid doesn't work, until I accidentally pressed it harder, and the washer fluid started coming out.

Reactions: chriSharek
This. I had this exact problem. I almost took my car back to figure out why the washer fluid doesn't work, until I accidentally pressed it harder, and the washer fluid started coming out.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that did this :p

Drove home in a rainstorm, tried to use the washers, and they never sprayed! Seriously?

So I went to Autozone, picked up some washer fluid, and poured it in to find that it took less than a quart... Hmm. Tried again, and pushed harder this time, and BOOM! Windshield washers!

I laughed at myself, shut my Frunk, and left. :rolleyes:

Reactions: chriSharek
Hey guys,

I just recently took delivery of my 90D on Monday 3/14. I found out today that they did not add any wiper fluid. I was wondering if any of you guys experienced the same issue.

Not as bad as a drive unit failure but still an inconvenience having to go to a service center.
Yes. I just took delivery of a model 3. Same thing. I called the dealership. They said to add water. So far the service has been horrible and I’ve only had the car 3 days.

Yes. I just took delivery of a model 3. Same thing. I called the dealership. They said to add water. So far the service has been horrible and I’ve only had the car 3 days.
It's just the beginning. It will only get worse for you!

BTW, which is worse - no wiper fluid, or wiper fluid that froze on contact with the windshield when I first got the car (in Colorado ski country)?