Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries have ceased - where are all the cars going?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S definitely, especially w/the E-Mission coming Any Day Now(tm)** The Model S is getting close to the 7 year mark, right? ((EDIT: Oh, the official 7 year anniversary was yesterday.)) I know the parallels may not hold that well but typical automobile industry practice would mean it's due for a major update, well past the facelift update it got with the nose.

The Model X is still pretty young to be doing a rework on it and it's got more differentiation going on.

** Perhaps latter 2019, maybe slipping to early 2020. I don't think there's even limited 3rd party reviewer access yet. Just an internal, though mostly credible, driver talking up first experience with the prototype.
Still off-topic, apologies all.
Of course Tesla is more active with rolling changes to models. A 2018 Model S is functionally and and in terms of interior a departure of sort from the 2012 early production ones.
I'm still confused about Porsches upcoming offering. Is it the almost-Panamera or the almost-Cayenne? To sell any S/X cars in Germany, charging speed will need to be adressed. Less than doubling will not suffice. To remain competitive on price and spec, a larger 2170 pack will be needed. If if the same physical size. And production cost will need to be brought down. Make an S as if it were a 3. Same number of parts, same production effort more or less.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I'm still confused about Porsches upcoming offering. Is it the almost-Panamera or the almost-Cayenne?
I Can't Believe It's Not A Panamera is the definite (named Taycan). Last I heard the I Can't Believe It's Not A Cayenne is still a maybe now, maybe later, so I'd guess it's not quite as far along in development.

Generally agree on the rest, I'll leave my thoughts on the details for a more appropriate thread. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Cloxxki
...........To sell any S/X cars in Germany, charging speed will need to be adressed. Less than doubling will not suffice.

Considering Musk's comment, I'm guessing charging speed won't be doubled but range will be increased. In a real world high speed commute to work a Mission E may need to be recharged, but a 400 mile range Model S may have enough energy to complete the round trip without charging during the day.

Germany may need destination chargers more than V3 superchargers.

Anyway, I see the Bloomberg tracker is finally going up again, now at 2700 per week while 3500 is reported anecdotally.
The delay of a few weeks of cars to deliver them only in july might save Americans around $400M but that seems to assume zero car exports until the rich car buyer subsidy runs out completely.

Click here to support Parking Lot Truthers Rehabilitation organized by TraderFloridasFIL Bazinga
upload_2018-8-2_18-42-41.png