Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries in Canada/Toronto, anyone actually get a M3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Toronto and I've still yet to see a Model 3 in person. I drive to work every day and I look everywhere, and I will see maybe 2 Tesla's in total every week, that's it. It's always a white Model X as well that I'm starting to think is the same person lol. I've seen a Model S a few times, but that's about it. Has me a LITTLE concerned as sometimes I'll drive 100k in one day and won't see a single one. Seemed like there were a lot more until I actually ordered mine.

Anyway, I ordered my Model 3 end of June and paid the deposit etc. My delivery window is August to October, and I did the RWD, Red with sport wheels, no trade in, paying cash in full, with auto pilot and future self drive.

Just wondering if anyone else in Toronto that ordered around June has got theirs yet? Just getting a bit frustrated as when you go on reddit, every day it's post after post people posting photos like "Here's more Model 3's Tesla is just stock piling in a parking lot!" Or when someone asks about timelines, people reply constantly like "if you need it fast get the RWD, Tesla is just sitting on them." Plus posts even on here people "I ordered 8/1 and delivery is 8/10!"

My living room is full of Tesla stuff, the cargo mats, licence plate holders, tire kit, wall charger, but I'm starting to slightly lose interest in the car as this site and reddit went from non stop posts about people trying to figure out their delivery date, to now sounding like most people actually have their car and just comment about how many Tesla is sitting on. Curious to see if anyone else has received theirs, ideally anyone that ordered in June when they opened up the window to all?

That seems rather impatient given the aug-oct timeframe.

There was a large burst of deliveries in June -- there's quite a few model 3s on the road in toronto. I've personally seen about 5 or 6 (I have friends that have seen 20+).
Drive to sherway gardens on a weekend. You'll def see at least one at one of the chargers.

I believe RWDs are still trickling in for the people who ordered way before June.

I also ordered in June but mine is AWD -- I hear there's a big batch expected in Sept.

It's for sure impatient but again only due to all the posts on here. Like when I ordered it, it said 1-3 months or whatever, so that's what I expected and was in no rush at all. Then everyone on these sites are all losing their minds like THE EDIT BUTTON IS GONE!!!!! THAT MEANS YOU'RE GETTING IT! And then post after post saying just got the call, etc, all the people ordering in June. I've just yet to see anyone mention being in Canada or Toronto specifically that had ordered in June and then got one now is all.

While I live in NC, I was in Toronto/Markham visiting family in early June. I was shocked that I saw 4-5 Model 3s while driving from the airport to my parents place in Markham. That's more than I had seen in a month combined in Charlotte back in June.

It's for sure impatient but again only due to all the posts on here. Like when I ordered it, it said 1-3 months or whatever, so that's what I expected and was in no rush at all. Then everyone on these sites are all losing their minds like THE EDIT BUTTON IS GONE!!!!! THAT MEANS YOU'RE GETTING IT! And then post after post saying just got the call, etc, all the people ordering in June. I've just yet to see anyone mention being in Canada or Toronto specifically that had ordered in June and then got one now is all.

Ha. Well, you wouldn't post on these forums unless that was the case; still too many pre-June RWD orders to go through. On the upside, think about how you are way more likely to get your car sooner than some of the US east coast people because of the sheer number of orders in US vs Canada.

As a side note, have you tried calling them?

For what it's worth, I also have a ton of car accessories in my house waiting for the car (wife is not pleased).. the wait sucks.

While I live in NC, I was in Toronto/Markham visiting family in early June. I was shocked that I saw 4-5 Model 3s while driving from the airport to my parents place in Markham. That's more than I had seen in a month combined in Charlotte back in June.

Ha, that doesn't surprise me. The massive delivery run in June was at the airport (they rented an area just to do deliveries all month). You must have seen a bunch of brand new owners :)

I think many cancelled after the $14,000.00 rebate was cancelled. There was a big push in June (Those people got the $14,000.00 rebate)but I am sure the sales numbers will take a big without any rebate money available in Ontario.

Thanks everyone! Tried that site, it lets me edit the config still unfortunately but good trick to know. I haven't called them as it's not that urgent. I emailed them 6 weeks ago though and have never heard back, which was a bit disappointing when spending just shy of $100k on a car.

I was hoping the $14k rebate cancellation would help speed things up as so many people I know cancelled their order. There was a push in June to get them out but you had to take delivery by July 11th to qualify, so even though I ordered mine on June 27th I don't qualify. I do qualify for the home charger rebate but only if I take delivery by September 11th.

As a side note, I really hope my delivery is at the airport!!! Oakville is so far from me and traffic out there is always horrendous.

The other reason I'm impatient is because all this Tesla stuff has got me all into solar now also, so we just decided to sell the house and move to a much bigger one where I can do the solar roof lol. Worst time to be buying a brand new car, I'll be taking delivery of it probably the same time as closing on the house lol. Goodbye money. :)

Thanks everyone! Tried that site, it lets me edit the config still unfortunately but good trick to know. I haven't called them as it's not that urgent. I emailed them 6 weeks ago though and have never heard back, which was a bit disappointing when spending just shy of $100k on a car.

I was hoping the $14k rebate cancellation would help speed things up as so many people I know cancelled their order. There was a push in June to get them out but you had to take delivery by July 11th to qualify, so even though I ordered mine on June 27th I don't qualify. I do qualify for the home charger rebate but only if I take delivery by September 11th.
Keep checking that edit link as the link stays open until your cars goes into production .once it goes into production, you should have a VIN shortly afterwards .

Oh that's good to know then. So you mean if I can edit it now, that means my car hasn't even hit the assembly line, and won't until those in line ahead of me have theirs delivered? That's good to know if so.
not sure about those in front of you getting theirs made before you but so long as you can edit the car, your vehicle has not been assigned a vin/has not started production.

I saw that Lou from Unbox Therapy did a review of the Model 3 AWD P today.

I have 4 in my relatively small town of 70,000 people, nowhere near the GTA. It seems like they have possibly re-prioritized US deliveries after the brief Canada divergence. This should change as we head into September-October when many people's timelines for AWD delivery start to hit. Like @Koflach said, Lour from Unbox Therapy showed one off on his channel and they are in the GTA. It was an AWD-P. Fred from Electrek is expecting his early-September.

Back in late June, I saw a wrecked red Model 3 while driving towards Wasaga Beach from Toronto on Highway 400 that had been rear-ended. It was basically totaled. But in the GTA, I hadn't seen any.
Keep an eye out in on the 401 or 400 in the opposite direction - I'm pretty sure you will see a few passing by each day. I was a Yorkdale the other day and a MSM RWD (19") was waiting for my parking spot as I pulled out in my MSM RWD (18") - we both had a big smile on our faces as we waved to one another.

I see several every day around town now - probably pretty much all from that big push in June when I got mine. Driving past Lawrence DC yesterday I saw a black on parked right out front in the side lot looking like it was awaiting delivery, so likely some are still trickling in.

When waiting for mine, every hour seemed like it lasted longer than normal, until I got the car. It's absolutely a phenomenal vehicle and I doubt you would ever regret the purchase - my two cents.

Keep an eye out in on the 401 or 400 in the opposite direction - I'm pretty sure you will see a few passing by each day. I was a Yorkdale the other day and a MSM RWD (19") was waiting for my parking spot as I pulled out in my MSM RWD (18") - we both had a big smile on our faces as we waved to one another.

I see several every day around town now - probably pretty much all from that big push in June when I got mine. Driving past Lawrence DC yesterday I saw a black on parked right out front in the side lot looking like it was awaiting delivery, so likely some are still trickling in.

When waiting for mine, every hour seemed like it lasted longer than normal, until I got the car. It's absolutely a phenomenal vehicle and I doubt you would ever regret the purchase - my two cents.

Hey Robert, I was at Lawrence for service a week ago. The black RWD 3 you saw is their test drive 3.

Keep checking that edit link as the link stays open until your cars goes into production .once it goes into production, you should have a VIN shortly afterwards .

So question, I decided since I can still edit it that I might as well get the AWD since no $14k rebate anymore anyway. When I now go to the edit link, it just takes me into my Tesla account where I can click manage, and it shows the same thing we are drafting up your contract etc. I've tried it a bunch of times, I cannot get it to go to the edit screen, it just logs me into my Tesla account. Is that what it does if the edit button went away? I swear, if it entered production today just because I want AWD now I'm gonna flip lol.

So question, I decided since I can still edit it that I might as well get the AWD since no $14k rebate anymore anyway. When I now go to the edit link, it just takes me into my Tesla account where I can click manage, and it shows the same thing we are drafting up your contract etc. I've tried it a bunch of times, I cannot get it to go to the edit screen, it just logs me into my Tesla account. Is that what it does if the edit button went away? I swear, if it entered production today just because I want AWD now I'm gonna flip lol.
That's what my assumption is. I have spoken to other Canadians who confirm that the same link does still work for them.

You will have to call the Tesla general number and tell them that you want to make a switch. They will tell you if a VIN has been assigned, and if not, then they will send you an email that you fill out with your changes and send it back. They will tell you that it will likely move your delivery window back.

I changed my Dual Motor DMB 19” from black to the white interior. “Requested” the change by phone and the follow up email almost 10 days ago, and I still haven’t seen the change registered in my account.

• Helpful
Reactions: psykobunny83