Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries on hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm interesting.. My model X 100D went to production on 3/8 and is still in production. Day 9 and going, wondering if the new MCU is delaying stuff. I see recent production from the sheet taking much longer than before.

Well, 15 min out they called me to let me know delivery wasn’t going to be possible. I kept driving there so I could at least go check the vehicle out!

I was asked if I could reschedule, sure. They compensated me a free service or something as a goodwill gesture.

They said they had many angry new owners! I can imagine.

I was just annoyed i had to drive so far. And that I’ll have to do this again. I didn’t give anybody a hard time. It wasn’t their fault.

Last edited:
Interesting. I’m sure this is the problem with mine. I bet its in scottsdale and not held up by the truck. Makes no sense that they accidentally forgot to pick it up. Oh well. At least they’ll fix it. I’ll ask for a free service too.

Reactions: WINGIT
We received our Model X on Friday night and less than 12 hours later, it’s back in the shop for the black dashboard issue. We were 1/2 hour away this morning when the dash was totally blank. I thought the engine wouldn’t start, so i tried to remote start it with my phone. My phone said the car was already started.

We drove the 1/2 hour to the service station without spedometer or working signals.

I can tell you that it was delayed because the screen behind the wheel (instrument panel) was dark for several hours. I picked up today at about 1130am and drove out of delivery center about 115pm. Everything was good. Went to lunch and got in car at about 315pm and NOTHING! Computer screen on but nothing on instrument panel. They had me do several reboots and even powered entire car off to reset and still nothing. I drove 40 miles that way to another destination. When I got back in car a few hours later, everything was working! I was pretty pissed but what could I do? I’m just glad it was quickly fixed.

I can tell you that it was delayed because the screen behind the wheel (instrument panel) was dark for several hours. I picked up today at about 1130am and drove out of delivery center about 115pm. Everything was good. Went to lunch and got in car at about 315pm and NOTHING! Computer screen on but nothing on instrument panel. They had me do several reboots and even powered entire car off to reset and still nothing. I drove 40 miles that way to another destination. When I got back in car a few hours later, everything was working! I was pretty pissed but what could I do? I’m just glad it was quickly fixed.

Resetting fixed it for my car and the techs called and asked me to pick my car back up. When I got to the service station and they turned the engine on, the dashboard was black again. They decided to keep the car until the firmware to fix it is released.