Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries on hold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D8BE6DB3-F167-4AA9-831F-51415CAD5899.jpeg
Ran the screen info Test again on full screen. I think this is the same result.

Meanwhile, my MX has been sitting in Tempe for me. Waiting. Until I have a chance to go back. Sunday would be the earliest. All 4 miles on it.

I’m not one to really harp on little things, but two or three of the pieces of trim (one seems a tad loose/unglued?) and door “handles” on passenger side don’t exactly line up.

Is it worth even bringing this up? I don’t want them to break something to make it better.

Enemy of good is better, sorta thing.

Reactions: WINGIT
Meanwhile, my MX has been sitting in Tempe for me. Waiting. Until I have a chance to go back. Sunday would be the earliest. All 4 miles on it.

I’m not one to really harp on little things, but two or three of the pieces of trim (one seems a tad loose/unglued?) and door “handles” on passenger side don’t exactly line up.

Is it worth even bringing this up? I don’t want them to break something to make it better.

Enemy of good is better, sorta thing.
I would certainly bring it up as I am spending a 100 grand on it but that’s just me!

Tell them everything you see. We were at the SC for about 90 minutes. We went over the car well, noted a few things. Some they said were in spec. Some paint issues (we thought) were actually glue from the wrap.

But have them note everything. Even if you decide to take the car and get things fixed later.

Reactions: JCB_Arizona
The front bumper was slightly higher on one side than the other. You had to look hard, but we could tell. Maybe a few mm. They took it to the shop, where they said it was in spec (less than 5mm off). But they still noted it in case we have issues later.

We also asked them to look at the frame welds under the falcon doors. Not pretty, but they too were OK.

Never mind @ChunLi Panda , I see that is what you posted earlier. That is supposed to be the "fix" for the blank screen. And you are still getting it?

Yes. Still getting issue. I do have the 2018.10.2...whatever that means. I wasn’t able to reboot/reset using the buttons on top of scroll wheels as instructed. They said they were going to check if loose connection. Must’ve been that because they were able to reset instrument panel today which took care of the superimposed images I was seeing when it wasn’t dark. I’m not sure if it’s certain it won’t go dark on me again but time will tell. There were some aesthetic issues that I had another appt to fix but they went ahead and ordered the parts so can be fixed now and I won’t have to make another trip. I’m sure I’ll need to make another trip at some point down the line but just maybe not in 2 weeks. Unlike some folks, the service center is about 6 miles from my house and around the block from a big account of mine, so pretty convenient.

I still love the car and can’t wait to enjoy it again!

Mrs Wingit here - I drove the MX today; about 100 miles in the N GA mountains. It has the comfort and ride of our Toyota Sienna XLE Limited with the handling of our Mazdaspeed Miata. LTE (music streaming) was spotty at higher elevations where cell service is weak. Also tried AP on a divided 4 lane - no problems. The first generation laser cruise control on the 2004 Sienna was great - 14 years ago. It will be interesting to watch technology continue to improve. We are still learning all the controls and settings and have learned so much from the forum - thanks to all!

Since we're still new to Tesla driving, we developed a contingency plan if we experience the IC blackout. Use the Waze app on our cell phone for an odometer -it's pretty accurate. For gear selection, if the backup camera is on, it's in Reverse. If it creeps forward, it's in Drive. Any other tips are appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: ModlS3XY
Pickup up our Black/Black/CF/Sonic Carbon this evening. Such a gorgeous car, the drive home wasn’t very long and I’m headed out of town this weekend. I’ll be ready to dig in next week to get everything set just the way I want. Ordered in late January, BTW.

Hi Sean9689,

We picked it up at the Westmont location.

We picked up the Model S in Villa Park in 2015, but they no longer offer deliveries in Villa Park.

I try to pick up at the least traffic location... It does not always work out that way.

294 South was pretty thick last night, but it always is...

Shawn

Hi Sean9689,

We picked it up at the Westmont location.

We picked up the Model S in Villa Park in 2015, but they no longer offer deliveries in Villa Park.

I try to pick up at the least traffic location... It does not always work out that way.

294 South was pretty thick last night, but it always is...

Shawn

Very nice! Yeah, traffic is always rough didn’t those times. When it comes to getting your Tesla, it’s worth it! Hah

Was scheduled to pickup X75 tomorrow but today they reported it's delayed. Anything I should be worried about? Seems odd that they tell be day before pickup

What's your status on Tesla account? Was it Transit and they delayed after giving a delivery date few days back or it was delay from an initial estimated date? There have been delay lately probably since they are overwhelmed with fulfilling deliveries for the quarter.

FWIW
MyTesla shows this now.
View attachment 288914
I tried to call my DS today. Got someone else in his department to check status. He said he “pinged” the car and it was at the SC. He said it was being QC’d prepped for Wednesday delivery.
I’m in Camas, WA too! My status shows the same (in transit).
Our Model X delivery was scheduled for Tuesday at the Portland SC. I just called we are still on as planned and it is at the SC now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Daniellane