Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries to Denver, December 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were scheduled for the pick up today at 1pm. We didn't get any delay notification so we took time off work and happily went to pick up our brand new Tesla. We were greeted by a very pleasant young lady that checked us in and sent us to one of their tables. 10 minutes later she came back and said that the car is on the truck in Albuquerque New Mexico. Hmmm, I was a bit dumbstruck, I understand delays due to a bad weather or any other unexpected circumstances, but a phone call, text, an e-mail or even a change in the delivery status could off save us an hour drive to Littleton. We got a complimentary Uber ride back home

• Informative
Reactions: Type 5
My car is sitting safe and sound at a San Francisco storage lot as of this afternoon. It is like a smelly hitchhiker that nobody wants to pick up.

I feel bad for the staff in Denver. You just know that corporate isn’t telling them much, if anything, about the delays. We sure know that they aren’t telling us anything. For all the world it looks like they tried to cut it too close for North American deliveries at the end of the year.

I’m still enjoying my Christmas in spite of this. I think I will treat myself to a nice bourbon tonight.

DAMN.... that's brutal man. You're the 2nd guy I read today who showed up and they forgot to notify the car was delayed[/QUOTe
DAMN.... that's brutal man. You're the 2nd guy I read today who showed up and they forgot to notify the car was delayed
Haha I'm actually the Mrs. but I have to say, never experienced this type of "car buying" or customer service.

We were scheduled for the pick up today at 1pm. We didn't get any delay notification so we took time off work and happily went to pick up our brand new Tesla. We were greeted by a very pleasant young lady that checked us in and sent us to one of their tables. 10 minutes later she came back and said that the car is on the truck in Albuquerque New Mexico. Hmmm, I was a bit dumbstruck, I understand delays due to a bad weather or any other unexpected circumstances, but a phone call, text, an e-mail or even a change in the delivery status could off save us an hour drive to Littleton. We got a complimentary Uber ride back home
Must be on the same truck as me. I was scheduled for 1:30 and it was about 1:05, I was driving down Santa Fe when I got the call that my car isn't in yet.

Rescheduled for 3 tomorrow, let's hope that truck makes it!

Must be on the same truck as me. I was scheduled for 1:30 and it was about 1:05, I was driving down Santa Fe when I got the call that my car isn't in yet.

Please let us know if you actually get it tomorrow. We are rescheduled for Thursday.

Congratulations! I hope you are on track for it here before the end of the year!
Most definitely will be!! They guaranteed delivery by the end of the year when I ordered the vehicle and have confirmed that every time I have called to check in. (you know, assuming there aren't any massive uncontrollable snowstorms that halt all deliveries to Denver ;)) The SA I talked to today said delivery could happen as quick as this weekend. But I wouldn't mind picking it up on Christmas eve with a big bow on top!

Haha I'm actually the Mrs. but I have to say, never experienced this type of "car buying" or customer service.

Yep it is different, some ways better. No middleman dealerships means no big lots to store hundreds of cars at. No big storage lots means cars need to be picked up quickly when they reach the delivery center. Counting cars sold on the quarterly financials means getting them actually in the hands of buyers during the quarter, and also means overseas and longer distance deliveries need to get made early in the quarter to make actual delivery sales (more challenging with bad weather in the picture causing delays).

However, a positive thing is that Tesla does this so that it can pass more of the savings to the buyer and keep your costs down (ie. no "cut" to dealerships, no purchase or long-term leasing of storage lots, and Tesla has no advertising budget--which a dealership does-- and thanks to Tesla owners' word-of-mouth, showing off their cars and such another cost savings is passed on to buyers).