Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries to Denver, December 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my White M3 LR AWD on October 19th. I was told that I'd take delivery by the end of the year, but still don't even have a VIN. I've talked to three Tesla reps, none of whom can give me an estimate of when my vehicle might arrive in Denver. Has anyone else in Colorado placed a 4th-quarter Model 3 order and taken delivery or gotten info for when to expect delivery?? (or has even gotten a VIN??) We have travel plans beginning Dec 28th... which will be TEN WEEKS post my order date so hopefully I have it by then!!

Reactions: Type 5
Wow

Do they know you can't take delivery after Dec 27th? Make sure they do, or maybe shorten that a little to the 25th. ;-)

I presume, based on both normal Tesla EOQ processes and on other people's comments, that Tesla will deliver to you this month.

BTW: VIN's usually only getting allocated within a couple of days of delivery.

Wow

Do they know you can't take delivery after Dec 27th? Make sure they do, or maybe shorten that a little to the 25th. ;-)

I presume, based on both normal Tesla EOQ processes and on other people's comments, that Tesla will deliver to you this month.

BTW: VIN's usually only getting allocated within a couple of days of delivery.

I've told Tesla reps that I won't be able to take delivery after the 27th, but nobody seems to care. They just say 'you will be notified once a VIN has been assigned'. Obviously they are slammed and personalized customer service is not the priority. BUT it's good to know that there may only be a couple days between VIN assignment and delivery - I assumed it would be at least a week but haven't been able to get a response from Tesla about that either!!

Colorado waiters unite!

I had a VIN assigned then removed haha...haven't gotten a new one yet. It does seem like Tesla's trying to sort itself out.

If they fail 12/31 delivery I'm cancelling and waiting for price drop. Remember in CO it's not just an $1875 loss, it's an extra $1000 from the State tax changes for January 1st

@Click What model did you order? I'm also planning on cancelling my order if I don't get it before 12/31. I intentionally placed my order in October to take advantage of that $2875 Fed+state tax credit ::finger crossed:: There's still time
I think you mean $6875.

But yes, there's still plenty of time. They will do hundreds, if not thousands of deliveries in the final weeks of the year. We helped with deliveries in Q32019 and I think the Littleton location set the record for the most deliveries in a day.

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
Similar to yours, but in red & 19" wheels (not sure of yours).

If they blow past 12/31, hoping a price adjustment or incentive comes quick, maybe by March or so. Already have a leaf, was on the fence on the next battery vehicle, only jumped now cuz of the incentives.

@Click What model did you order? I'm also planning on cancelling my order if I don't get it before 12/31. I intentionally placed my order in October to take advantage of that $2875 Fed+state tax credit ::finger crossed:: There's still time

Well, there will still be a $4000 tax credit in the state of CO next year. So the credit difference between ordering in 2019 versus 2020 is $2875
If you take delivery before the end of the year, it would be $6875. I see now that you meant "additional $2875" vs. a 2020 delivery.

Last edited:
I got my VIN in the source on Friday and it changed to a different number on Monday. It is an AWD stealth ordered on 11/14.

No text about delivery, yet. My SA has gone dark on me via email. I could call on the phone (where he has been very receptive), but I figure they are busy these days. I'm trying to be patient. Like many people here, I am leaving for the holidays and need it delivered before the end of the year to get the $2875. I might drive by after work tonight to talk to them in person.

@facedown @daytonadweller @ferdster it sounds like the performance models are making it to Denver this weekend. That's so damn exciting -- I wonder if its too late to upgrade ;) JK But it's helpful to see a trend of less than one week from VIN to delivery. That gives me hope of getting mine by Dec 27th!

If it brings you comfort... They were SILENT with me and committal to only “before end-of-year.”.... Up until two days AFTER my VIN was finally assigned. And then they moved super fast!

In the meantime, you’ll just have to continue refreshing your order page hourly and checking source code for a VIN. Which totally sucks, but will definitely pay off. :)

If it brings you comfort... They were SILENT with me and committal to only “before end-of-year.”.... Up until two days AFTER my VIN was finally assigned. And then they moved super fast!

In the meantime, you’ll just have to continue refreshing your order page hourly and checking source code for a VIN. Which totally sucks, but will definitely pay off. :)

I've never refreshed and source-coded a webpage so much in my entire life. Starting to feel like a crazy person over here, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

For all you Denver-ites still in the waiting stages, please update this thread when you get a VIN / notice of delivery so we can spread the holiday hope!