Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries to Denver, December 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla website now shows cars in stock in Littleton. If you are still without a VIN, maybe try to get matched to one of the inventory cars for faster delivery?

@Probllama That's a good idea. I just checked to see if they have the same configuration that I ordered available in inventory -- Model 3 LR AWD white with black -- unfortunately they don't have this specific option in stock. Ugh!!! I ordered over 8 weeks ago.... it's tempting to settle for a different configuration to just get one that's in stock, BUT I'm not ready to make that sacrifice just yet! I'll definitely keep check that inventory page while I wait ;)

Reactions: Type 5
Note that sometimes near EoQ you can get an inventory substitute that's close with a concession, eg if you had white ordered but they have blue, you get the color free.

Prob not yet at this point but something worth asking about if they have inventory that you'd be happy with at a slightly higher price than your order.

• Informative
@Probllama That's a good idea. I just checked to see if they have the same configuration that I ordered available in inventory -- Model 3 LR AWD white with black -- unfortunately they don't have this specific option in stock. Ugh!!! I ordered over 8 weeks ago.... it's tempting to settle for a different configuration to just get one that's in stock, BUT I'm not ready to make that sacrifice just yet! I'll definitely keep check that inventory page while I wait ;)
Did you check in person or online? They usually have a lot more in stock that aren't listed online. It might be worth it to stop by and ask them to check their inventory listings for you. The website might only show a few cars but they could have hundreds of cars on the main lot and secondary lot (which can hold hundreds of cars).

• Informative
Reactions: Type 5 and Zaxxon
Got word that our truck is delayed, again, and ETA is Wednesday afternoon - too late for us to pick up by a couple of hours. Now we start playing the game of convincing them to store the car for a while :D

He said there are no other VINs for us to match to, and there probably won't be before end of year. He said that any re-matching has to go through him, and he put notes all over the account that the delay is on their end and not on ours.

I wish.

I took a half day off work, was already half an hour on the road, 15 minutes from the delivery center and 25 minutes from my appointment, then they called to let me know the truck with my car is stuck in New Mexico.

25 minutes before my appointment.

Yikes that sucks. I just got the delay call too, but mine was always set for tomorrow. Surprised it was so short notice for you

It turns out my car is still in California in storage/holding. Presumably, it is waiting for a car carrier. Regardless, it is not on the road yet. I'm lowering my expectations hourly.

Facedown,
My VIN showed up in source code several days ago. My SA just contacted me telling me she found my VIN. There are no Estimated Delivery dates or in the source code in my case.
My only thought is they are probably holding your car, waiting for mine to be ready so they can ship them together...OKAY, probably not!
Hope yours comes soon!

I feel for all of us waiting for the year end delivery. My only constraints are leaving for vacation after Christmas and the end of year tax situation. I'm relatively patient about getting my new toy aside from the extra $3k it could cost me (all of us). Doesn't this idiotic company know that finances are what destroys most marriages? (in this case the marriage between me and Tesla) ;-)

Jenn, you are correct that the false hope is the worst part. I was all relaxed about the experience and now I'm stressed about it.