Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery…..Early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a fellow Scot Chargeplace Scotland is a wonderful resource you'll quickly settle into a routine around your favourite Chargers near Home and Work. If you haven't already worked it out CCS Chargers are much quicker than Type 2 but even the slower Type 2 Chargers are handy for a Park and Ride Charge and there are lots of them at Railway Stations, the new Station at Robroyston in North Glasgow has 10 Type 2 Chargers and they're all free !

Chargeplace Scotland is indeed my best friend at the moment. Got a charger at the swimming pool 15 mins walk from the house and a PodPoint at tesco 25 mins walk from the house. I combine my charging walks with Walking our new dog :). Got a CCS charger at the library close to work as well, 2 min walk and I can see the car from my desk.

Hi all,

Just an update on this. Fogging has gone, no isses since collection.

• Comfort - it's a nice way to get around
  • Speed - it's a strange kind of fast. I'm used to superbikes so not the fastest thing I've travelled in but this is a different type of speed i feel. It's good.
  • Sound system - Amazing. Best place to listen to music IMO is the car. I like this.
Dislikes

• Window wipers - I've updated the car a few times and still, useless. Going mad with hardly any rain and not enough when its heavy.
  • Auto lights - Not much use
  • Build quality - It's good, but not quite as good as cars at the same price point.
  • Range - bottom line is it doesn't do what it says it can. traveled circa 150 miles att the weekend and used over 200 miles of range. It was dry and about 9-10 degrees. very relaxed driving mostly motorway. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt though, expecting this to improve in the summer. Also, charge to 100% and showing 306 miles of range....on a LR AWD. should be 340 ish.
Issues

• Blind spot detection - never worked
  • Windows - sometimes don't close after clsoing the door from the initial adjustment of opening the door. Came out to the car one morning to find my passenger window down...no idea how.
  • Knocking noice - (happened twice) from rear passenger wheel. Not sure what this can be.
Booked the car in to get the issues looked at end Jan so fingers crossed.

Another strange thing that happened when the car was covered in ice one morning was a strange loud cracking sound whenever I accelerated. really odd, anyone else had this?

Overall I'd say I'm happy with the car. It's a new way to travel and haven't paid for a charge yet. I have found myself looking for reasons to go for a drive. The issues will get fixed and my dislikes (window wipers, auto lights) should improve with future updates.

Happy driver this end :)

The other day with a hard frost I was driving and the cracking noise coming from the roof was quite disturbing but got to where I was going and checked it over and was fine guessed it was just the ice melting and because it was glass it reverberated through the cabin, Also noticed for the first time in very high cross winds the car does wobble quite a bit, not feeling that it would be dangerous but definitely noticeable,

Still wouldnt change it for anything else. well maybe Cybertruck or Roadster (dream on)