Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery…..Early

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was expecting delivery end Jan – start Feb however got home to an email last night “are you excited to collect your new car tomorrow at 12:30”…..o_O

Both good and bad news, I’ve no way of making the collection time due to work meetings however rescheduled for 15:30. I’ll see about getting an early dash from work to collect today :).

Next problem….no home charger fitted yet haha. Luckily I have a charger at the local swimming pool 5 min walk from home.

Will update with initial thoughts soon.

That's cool.. what car you getting?

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but if a car has become available at last minute, it might be that it is a car that has been rejected by another customer - might not be, but i'd make sure that you check over the car thoroughly to make sure there are no obvious issues before accepting it.

I;m sure you're going to love the car and hope everything is as expected!

Reactions: CMc1

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but if a car has become available at last minute, it might be that it is a car that has been rejected by another customer - might not be, but i'd make sure that you check over the car thoroughly to make sure there are no obvious issues before accepting it.

Model 3 LR AWD - Blue with black trim

Very good point, I'll be sure to inspect well.

Registered with Charge Place Scotland so will be going for a decent drive later I think.

That's true, and good advice, but I would think/hope it's more likely to be a cancelled order or even just one put back. When I ordered I was offered a car for collection much sooner than I was expecting or could handle so I delayed it and someone else got that car.

Was expecting delivery end Jan – start Feb however got home to an email last night “are you excited to collect your new car tomorrow at 12:30”…..o_O

Both good and bad news, I’ve no way of making the collection time due to work meetings however rescheduled for 15:30. I’ll see about getting an early dash from work to collect today :).

Next problem….no home charger fitted yet haha. Luckily I have a charger at the local swimming pool 5 min walk from home.

Merry Christmas to you Sir!!!

Have to say I am fully of envy right now.

Enjoy

There are tons of reasons why last-minute cars come up. When I went to collect mine there should have been 6 people and only 2 turned up, including me. The guy said it happens all the time often leased cars and they don't communicate very well, people are on holiday or away on business etc. It is most likely something more genuine like this rather than a rejected car. Whatever the reason though hope you enjoy and it is everything you were looking for!

Congratulations and happy for you. Same thing happened to me. Placed order in August with no reservation and got the car by September. Detailer didnt find any problem and window tinters didnt find any problem for a black color one.

There was odd squeaky sound from steering while collecting and it got sorted in about 30 minutes with a visit to SC.

Trunk panel gap sorted with body shop. Actually it was not that much but I insisted. No one found it odd except me.

No issues with the car so far

Well, had the car out for a drive last night and well impressed I mist say. Only complaint at the moment was fogging inside the car, not sure if this was due to the car just being washed or whatever, if it continues I'll complain.

The car arrived in the country the day before I collected.

Very nice and refined, fast and a relaxing place to be. Sound system is banging as well.

Complaints, wipers! autofunction isn't really fit for purpose. just can't seem to make up its mind. On a car that costs this much it can't be ignored. for comparison, I had a 2010 focus a while back and the wipers on that were spot on.

Only complaint at the moment though, looking forward to living with the car and learning more. Charged for the first time today at a charge place scotland destination close to works as well.

Happy camper to date :)

Reactions: Rooster6655
Well, had the car out for a drive last night and well impressed I mist say. Only complaint at the moment was fogging inside the car, not sure if this was due to the car just being washed or whatever, if it continues I'll complain.

The car arrived in the country the day before I collected.

Very nice and refined, fast and a relaxing place to be. Sound system is banging as well.

Complaints, wipers! autofunction isn't really fit for purpose. just can't seem to make up its mind. On a car that costs this much it can't be ignored. for comparison, I had a 2010 focus a while back and the wipers on that were spot on.

Only complaint at the moment though, looking forward to living with the car and learning more. Charged for the first time today at a charge place scotland destination close to works as well.

Happy camper to date :)

Well done glad they didn't try and stuff you over with a rejected car!

I had similar! I’m collecting mine tomorrow from West Drayton but was expecting early Feb

Do you mean fogging of the windsheild? Make sure you have air circulation turned off, the fans set to windsheild and temp at 19 degrees or higher.

Mine always fogs with the air cirulation on.

A/C is the best way, but uses more electricity obviously. I never have A/C on and mine stays pretty fog-free.

Hi all,

Just an update on this. Fogging has gone, no isses since collection.

• Comfort - it's a nice way to get around
  • Speed - it's a strange kind of fast. I'm used to superbikes so not the fastest thing I've travelled in but this is a different type of speed i feel. It's good.
  • Sound system - Amazing. Best place to listen to music IMO is the car. I like this.
Dislikes

• Window wipers - I've updated the car a few times and still, useless. Going mad with hardly any rain and not enough when its heavy.
  • Auto lights - Not much use
  • Build quality - It's good, but not quite as good as cars at the same price point.
  • Range - bottom line is it doesn't do what it says it can. traveled circa 150 miles att the weekend and used over 200 miles of range. It was dry and about 9-10 degrees. very relaxed driving mostly motorway. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt though, expecting this to improve in the summer. Also, charge to 100% and showing 306 miles of range....on a LR AWD. should be 340 ish.
Issues

• Blind spot detection - never worked
  • Windows - sometimes don't close after clsoing the door from the initial adjustment of opening the door. Came out to the car one morning to find my passenger window down...no idea how.
  • Knocking noice - (happened twice) from rear passenger wheel. Not sure what this can be.
Booked the car in to get the issues looked at end Jan so fingers crossed.

Another strange thing that happened when the car was covered in ice one morning was a strange loud cracking sound whenever I accelerated. really odd, anyone else had this?

Overall I'd say I'm happy with the car. It's a new way to travel and haven't paid for a charge yet. I have found myself looking for reasons to go for a drive. The issues will get fixed and my dislikes (window wipers, auto lights) should improve with future updates.

Happy driver this end :)

Range - bottom line is it doesn't do what it says it can. traveled circa 150 miles att the weekend and used over 200 miles of range. It was dry and about 9-10 degrees. very relaxed driving mostly motorway. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt though, expecting this to improve in the summer. Also, charge to 100% and showing 306 miles of range....on a LR AWD. should be 340 ish.

Definitely not 340mi That’s the hypothetical WLTP range when driving at 55mph IIRC. It’s correctly advertised as ~310mi in UK. So 308mi is fine.
switch to % and don’t worry about the “range”. It’s an ICE way of thinking.

you are correct in saying, you’ll get better range in better climates... but it is based on how you drive too obviously. 70-75mph is significantly less economical than 60-65mph.
Although a lower speed, you’ll actually be faster on a longer run, as less charge required.

As a fellow Scot Chargeplace Scotland is a wonderful resource you'll quickly settle into a routine around your favourite Chargers near Home and Work. If you haven't already worked it out CCS Chargers are much quicker than Type 2 but even the slower Type 2 Chargers are handy for a Park and Ride Charge and there are lots of them at Railway Stations, the new Station at Robroyston in North Glasgow has 10 Type 2 Chargers and they're all free !

Definitely not 340mi That’s the hypothetical WLTP range when driving at 55mph IIRC. It’s correctly advertised as ~310mi in UK. So 308mi is fine.
switch to % and don’t worry about the “range”. It’s an ICE way of thinking.

you are correct in saying, you’ll get better range in better climates... but it is based on how you drive too obviously. 70-75mph is significantly less economical than 60-65mph.
Although a lower speed, you’ll actually be faster on a longer run, as less charge required.
Actually the last bit is theoretically not true.
If we both set off on the motorway and you do 60mph and I do 70 mph after 2 hours I will be 20 miles ahead of you. That 20 miles will take you 20 minutes to cover. which is about the same time as it would take me to charge and be back on the road ( poorer, but with an 80% charge and an empty bladder).
Obviously a lot of variables in this including availability and speed of superchargers but the numbers have been crunched and people ( in the US) have actually tried it and turns out faster is still faster even with an EV.