TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delivery Accessories

Discussion in 'Model X' started by tonyx, Feb 15, 2016.

1. tonyx

tonyx Member

For those who have taken delivery - what else comes in the "box?"
    e.g., tire patch kit, charging adapters, charging cables, mobile phone adapters?

What else can/should one purchase from Tesla at the time of delivery?
    e.g., paint touch up, all weather mats, or anything from above examples?

Thanks!

2. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

The tire repair kit is optional. I didn't get one and I just checked the manual. From the manual:

"

Also:
    The car comes with phones adapters for iPhone and Android. They installed the iPhone one for me. It uses one of the 2 front row USB ports.

The X comes with the Universal Mobile Connector kit which is a 20 ft cable with 2 adapters, 1 for a regular 110 outlet and one for a NEMA 14-50. All in a storage bag. I separately purchased a CHAdeMO adapter for charging at CHAdeMO stations.

My Sig X came with black carpet mats. I bought a cheap set of black carpet mats to put over these until I can get WeatherTech mats which aren't available yet.

I had heard that some people saw foam window shades for the roof of the X at the release event in September and that these would be standard, but no such item was in my car and I forgot to ask about it. So far the sun has not been an issue with the well tinted top of the Panoramic windshield.

I asked about touchup paint, and my DS said they carried most colors in stock. My Sig Red would have to be ordered.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

In the frunk:

* Removable trailering receiver (tow pkg)
    * Brake controller wiring harness
    * Front license plate frame

In the trunk:

* Standard Tesla mobile charging bag - NEMA 5-15, NEMA 14-50

In the front seat:

* Key box, containing two key fobs and two keyring tethers to attach to keyfobs, along with a small pry-tool to open the keys

In the glove box:

* adapter cables, brackets, and phone guides for the quick-connect phone charge slot: micro-USB and Apple Lightning. No USB-C yet.

The only surprise was that I didn't get a J1772 adapter. I expected one. I have a call into the delivery center to ask if that was an omission or if that was standard practice now. It would be in line for them to remove it, given how they've been approaching charging lately, but there are still a lot of L2 chargers out there.

4. cman8

cman8 Member

#4 cman8, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Just looked over my Docs in the my tesla page and it states that the mobile connector bundle comes with the Nema adapter but it doesnt the J1772 adapter. Bummer a this is one thats probably very useful at times.

5. maratd

maratd Member

I'm nervous about this. My state requires a front license plate and I've been ticketed before for not having one.

Did Tesla offer to mount this? Is there a reasonable place to mount it?

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

In the Model S the mobile connector bundle never came with a J1772 adapter as is commonly stated. It was put in the bag for new car deliveries so it wouldn't get lost, but it has nothing to do with the mobile connector. If you order the UMC online it never came with a J1772 adapter.

- - - Updated - - -

The service center will do this for you at no charge.

7. pvogel

pvogel Member

Isn't the J1772 connector in the glove box? I thought I saw in the manual that there's a special place for it in there.

8. proven

proven Member

Our Model S came with the J1772 adapter and I'd be surprised if it didn't come with the X. There is a little slot in the glove box that it fits into and I think ours was in there when we got the S.

9. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

What does the adapter cable look like? Can I use my own USB C adapter instead?

10. elguapo

elguapo Member

My S definitely came with the J1772 adapter and there is a place for it in the glove box too.

In MD, TM is also required to provide an electric tire pump and sealing kit. It's the same one they sell online, but it's free if you're in MD. Other states require it too since there's no spare.

11. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

#11 madodel, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    OK actually looked in the UMC bag and low and behold there is a J1772 adapter. So it is not in the glove box (which barely holds anything), but in the bag. Nice surprise.

12. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

Small glove box: Needed room for bioweapon defense filter.:wink:

13. FlasherZ

I called the delivery team and they said it should come with a J1772 adapter. They dropped one in the mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can, and it might work. The two plastic pieces create a guide so you can just drop your phone in and it starts charging. Putting a small USB-C adapter there might allow it to work depending on how things are spaced.

14. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Well it is called a 'glove' box. Not even a gloves box :smile:

15. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Mine, which was delivered 2 days ago, came with a sunshade. My DS said it's the first one he's seen. He said all owners will now get one, so check with your DS. I haven't had a chance to open it yet but he said it was similar to the MS shade.

16. FlasherZ

We received our J1772 adapter today. All is right in the world. :)

• Like x 1
  17. ilg

ilg Some guy on the Internet.

Really? First I've heard of it. Our S (delivered to MD in Feb, 2013) didn't come with the "repair kit." Is this a new thing?

18. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

I bought one on Amazon for less than TM charges. Mine also came with a Sun Shade (2 days ago). My DS said it was the first one he had seen and he expected everyone would be getting one. I'll open it up and take some pics when I get the car back from the detailer.

And yes, there was a J1772 adapter in the UMC kit.

19. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

Why did you want two J1772 adapters?

20. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Sorry, I meant that I bought the flat repair kit (compressor and slime) on Amazon.