TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Advisor not calling...

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tentimesodds, Aug 21, 2018.

1. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

So I called customer support on Friday (checking in with them once a week) and they told me that my VIN had just been assigned, along with a Delivery Advisor, and that the DA would reach out to me within 24-72 hours. It’s now 4 days later and nothing. Has anyone else had an experience with a DA who just wouldn’t reach out to schedule delivery? Thanks

2. frank69

frank69 Member

They kinda suck. Mine took 2 days to respond and she only did it via email.

3. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

how did you get her contact info in the first place?

4. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

Was it A.F.?

They eventually reach out to you. I know my DA takes forever to respond to anything.Took 5-6 days for my performance order to get entered into the system, and another 5 days for my new information to get entered.

5. JGard

JGard Member

Yeah, mine hasn't been super responsive, either. Seems par for the course.

6. Nate977p

Nate977p Member

Sales person I know at local store let me know of the VIN when I asked as my edit button disappeared Friday morning. Took u till following Friday at 3ish PM until I got the email. I then had to email him to call me ASAP. I had called in about 3 times in between as I had a trip; did not speed up the process. Also going on 10 days since submitting trade in with no offer yet.

• Informative x 1
  7. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

I'm scheduled to take delivery in 7 days. I don't have a VIN and havent talked to anyboy on the phone. Email only

8. Sagedaddy

Sagedaddy Member

Yeah, I was told the same on Thursday. Called back this morning. Not true. No service advisor, no owner advisor, no VIN. Check my signature for my stats. Unhappy customer service experience. Spoke with an inside sales manager and unloaded (respectfully) about the lack of info, conflicting info from different people on different days, and general neglect. The sales customer service agents will tell you anything! My change order to white is still not on my webpage even though it was made almost a month ago.

9. Jedi2155

Try calling the general sales office and they'll leave a note to your DSA. When I emailed my DSA, I got no updates. Called Tesla general line to do the same thing and it took 5 days to update.

10. Sagedaddy

Sagedaddy Member

Which number is that?

11. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

I noticed mine works for solarcity who was bought by Tesla, I wonder if they are bringing in all the troops to try and manage the delivery issues.

12. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

So, does calling or emailing weekly (daily?) help get the car sooner?
    I wish Tesla would clarify that. So far I've just been letting them call me. I got an email last week saying delivery could scheduled as soon as this week.

13. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

Hard to say because the people posting on the forum that call and email a lot are on the forum to complain that they haven't got their car yet. We probably don't get a good read of people who call and actually see progress.

14. Jedi2155

1 (888) 518-3752 and just followed up with an existing order.

15. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

Just got the call. Getting the car Friday! Not calling them worked.

• Like x 3
  16. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

So does anyone contact us other than our IDA prior to delivery day? Mine hasn’t responded in a week and I’m supposed to take delivery this Saturday.

17. WayneGTX

WayneGTX Member

My experience in Houston Texas was not really a long time (just under 30 days from configuration to delivery). Most of my anguish was a result of statements up front that set expectations that were not realized.

The day after I configured (21st of July) a Delivery Advisor called from Vegas and confirmed that my order was CASH, NO TRADE. His statement that “you will get a purchase contract in about 4 days and you will pay in full then by ACH, we cannot ship to Texas until payment is complete”. I moved my cash from investment account to checking in 3 days, then waited.....till early August.

After the Vegas DA returned from “time off”, he tweaked my account online while we were on the phone so I could pay. With the payment complete he estimated transport would take 2 weeks and set a delivery date of August 15th.

With my checking account emptied, I waited. These forums indicated that several Texas deliveries were happening sooner than promised, so armed with the phone number for the Houston delivery center I gave them a call 10 days after my $$ went away.

The Houston team was very good about returning calls and on first contact reported that my vehicle was in Amarillo and should arrive “in a few days depending on the drivers schedule”. After a weekend wait, I called and they said “your car arrived, but we are waiting on parts, so you Delivery is delayed a week to Aug 22nd”. I was bummed out...

That Friday I got a call to say “ can you pick up your car Saturday the 18th, it has been fixed to Tesla standards!”

They arranged Lyft transport and delivery went off with only a few minor cosmetic fixes that were corrected within minutes. It has been driving bliss since then.

Be patient, they are delivering lots of cars, and the Houston team now has the instruction to deliver cars without issues. My M3 was worth the wait, hopefully yours will be also! I cannot complain about 30 days from order to delivery, but setting expectations about something happening “in 4 days” set me up for disappointment!

18. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

Just called again (as I was instructed to do on Monday morning) and was told that "new guidance" has told the customer service reps to tell people that it will be up to 7 days from the VIN assignment that your DA will reach out. So basically wait 2 more days is the response every time I call...good times.

19. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

I did get the call yesterday! And of course they wanted to schedule delivery when I have a meeting I can't miss...so moved it back a day, but my wife can't make that time (and she needs to be on the title). So rescheduling again...original delivery was 9/5 and now is set for 9/4, pending another move.