Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery and Taxes in Idaho

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a search, and couldn't find anyone that mentioned the taxes for Idaho. I live in Boise, and have ordered a M3P. Anyone else who has had delivery in Idaho able to put my mind at ease on the taxes? Did Tesla collect Idaho sales tax? Or, did you have to pay sales tax when you went to register at the DMV? All the cars I have bought in the past through traditional dealers of course collect the tax. I am just trying to figure out how this works with the loan I get through my local bank.. I dont really want to be cutting a separate 3700 dollar check to the state of Idaho.. Would rather it be part of my loan.

Thanks,

I am titling and registering my car in CDA Idaho. I had originally been told I would have to have the car shipped from the nearest delivery center (Bellevue, WA) to avoid the WA state taxes. I got my MVPA and it shows no taxes, so I will pay those in ID when I register.

However after more research, and talking with my Delivery Advisor, I can pick it up in Bellevue and not pay the taxes in WA since my MVPA is already created and signed. I'm scheduled to pick it up Sat Dec 7th, I'll let you know how it goes!

I am titling and registering my car in CDA Idaho. I had originally been told I would have to have the car shipped from the nearest delivery center (Bellevue, WA) to avoid the WA state taxes. I got my MVPA and it shows no taxes, so I will pay those in ID when I register.

However after more research, and talking with my Delivery Advisor, I can pick it up in Bellevue and not pay the taxes in WA since my MVPA is already created and signed. I'm scheduled to pick it up Sat Dec 7th, I'll let you know how it goes!
Yeah, let me know what you find out.. I am doing home delivery. I did ask Tesla, and they said that they will nail me at registration. My bank told me to find out from the DMV how much the taxes will be, and they will cut a separate check (im expecting a break on the tax since I already paid taxes on my trade in)

Yeah, let me know what you find out.. I am doing home delivery. I did ask Tesla, and they said that they will nail me at registration. My bank told me to find out from the DMV how much the taxes will be, and they will cut a separate check (im expecting a break on the tax since I already paid taxes on my trade in)
Took delivery today in Bellevue. I did not have to pay any taxes at pickup, and will pay Idaho's 6% sales tax when I register it.

However I did need to show them my ID drivers license and a 2nd proof of residency. The second can be a utility bill with your name, rental agreement, voter registration, etc. They did not tell me that ahead of time, but luckily I was able to pull something up on my phone that satisfied them.