Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Appointment Cancelled - Anyone seen this before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there - Just wondering if anyone with a confirmed delivery appointment was told that their car has yet to enter the production line? Sounds like something big went wrong. September 10 I received attached confirmation of delivery appointment for September 23. Then after a couple of emails this week to confirm the September 23 (today) pickup, I received this from my DS:

Hey Steve,

My apologies for missing the original email, my cell phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx should you need to reach me. It does look like we will have to reschedule as the Factory has not yet sent your X to the production line, it is queued up and nearly ready to go but we are looking at the late next week now and expect the latest to be 1st week of October.

Is this normal?

I have sold my current car and kept my parking pass thinking I was picking up a car today...

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

MX order July 20, 2016
Confirmed July 27, 2016
VIN 16xxx August 8, 2016
Entered Production August 31, 2016
Delivery Confirmation September 10, 2016
Delivery appointment September 23, 2016

Production (United States) #161XX : MODEL X 60D | Midnight Silver Metallic | 20 | Black | Carbon | 7S | BH | PUP | AP | SAS | UHFS | SWP | Tow

Referral | Tesla Canada

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 12.37.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 12.37.37 AM.png
    566.8 KB · Views: 84
Happened to me the end of last quarter. Exactly the same story and the date line up...just three months earlier. I suspect that right now they are optimizing to deliver as many as possible before quarter end. Somewhere, due to some equation, for some reason you'll never know, there may a person who knows something....but alas, you'll never find out the real reason. I'd say milk it.....especially if you made plans that are now costing you money due to it being late.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy
Ask for a loaner while you wait. Model S P100D should be good for a few weeks.

-ThinkMac-

Hi there - Just wondering if anyone with a confirmed delivery appointment was told that their car has yet to enter the production line? Sounds like something big went wrong. September 10 I received attached confirmation of delivery appointment for September 23. Then after a couple of emails this week to confirm the September 23 (today) pickup, I received this from my DS:

Is this normal?

I have sold my current car and kept my parking pass thinking I was picking up a car today...

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

MX order July 20, 2016
Confirmed July 27, 2016
VIN 16xxx August 8, 2016
Entered Production August 31, 2016
Delivery Confirmation September 10, 2016
Delivery appointment September 23, 2016

Production (United States) #161XX : MODEL X 60D | Midnight Silver Metallic | 20 | Black | Carbon | 7S | BH | PUP | AP | SAS | UHFS | SWP | Tow

Referral | Tesla Canada

They built a lot of inventory cars ahead of customer orders, so I imagine that some deferred delivery dates will occur. EV-CPO.com had something like 500 new inventory listed yesterday, but they pulled many down last night. Ask your DS why your car wasn't built but all the inventory cars were.

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw
They built a lot of inventory cars ahead of customer orders, so I imagine that some deferred delivery dates will occur. EV-CPO.com had something like 500 new inventory listed yesterday, but they pulled many down last night. Ask your DS why your car wasn't built but all the inventory cars were.
That's not true. The vast majority of those inventory cars are VINs in the 140s and 150s and earlier, meaning they were built months ago. Many also had 1000s of miles, meaning they were loaners/test drive cars. All they did was offer the sale of the existing floor model inventory for a day to try and make some sales.

They are not pushing custom orders to the back in favor of (speculatively) making a discounted inventory sale. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Is there ever a day that goes by where you don't concoct a ridiculous conspiracy theory?

That's not true. The vast majority of those inventory cars are VINs in the 140s and 150s and earlier, meaning they were built months ago. Many also had 1000s of miles, meaning they were loaners/test drive cars. All they did was offer the sale of the existing floor model inventory for a day to try and make some sales.

They are not pushing custom orders to the back in favor of (speculatively) making a discounted inventory sale. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? Is there ever a day that goes by where you don't concoct a ridiculous conspiracy theory?

I can show research data if you wish. Inventory laid out in these ranges on ev-cpo:
These numbers will be low as "not all inventory makes it to the web". These are Model S - but sure, Model X customer cars could have been made in place of some of these.

154xxx - (103) At this point forward, vins would be given out about 7/28 and later.
155xxx - (28)
156xxx - (202) <- Mid August Vin assignments, probably - readying for Sept inventory.
157xxx - (156)
158xxx - (128)
159xxx - (32)
160xxx - (68)
161xxx - (19)

Last edited:
Tesla DS has been dropping the ball. I have my MX tentatively scheduled for tomorrow pickup that was last week. I have not received any follow-up email from them since. I have to call them today and to find out my car is still in transit. This is not how I imagine Tesla DS/SC operate.

UPDATE: Received email from Tesla saying that the car was now out of production (attached) and being prepared for transit... Delivery Date is now a range... Seems like I should have received this email first before receiving the previous email. System error?

Referral | Tesla Canada

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 9.14.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 9.14.41 AM.png
    644.2 KB · Views: 65
I can show research data if you wish. Inventory laid out in these ranges on ev-cpo:
These numbers will be low as "not all inventory makes it to the web". These are Model S - but sure, Model X customer cars could have been made in place of some of these.

154xxx - (103) At this point forward, vins would be given out about 7/28 and later.
155xxx - (28)
156xxx - (202) <- Mid August Vin assignments, probably - readying for Sept inventory.
157xxx - (156)
158xxx - (128)
159xxx - (32)
160xxx - (68)
161xxx - (19)
So, you bring a bunch of old Model S VINs in here and you think you've proven your point? OK.

Like it or not, Tesla has to continually produce inventory cars to satisfy its needs - showroom, test drive cars, loaners, cars people backed out of delivery on, etc. The fact that they then decided to try and turn over this necessary inventory to make some more sales in September does not at all prove that Tesla is giving inventory cars priority over custom orders, which again, is totally ridiculous for obvious reasons. It's as ridiculous as your last theory that Tesla was purposely holding back cars for delivery to Texas to pump up a customer deposits line item in the 10-Q (hello, revenue and deliveries are way more important). Or as ridiculous as your theory that they purposely didn't deliver cars at the end of Q2 in order to have a big Q3. Or your theory that Tesla was going to fake a supplier issue in Q3 and shut down the factory because there was no demand for the cars. You were dead set on that one. Didn't happen.

Face it, you continually bring insane negative conspiracy theories here, you present them as facts, and they are continually disproven. I'll continue to point this stuff out to people so they discredit your posts trying to upset them.

UPDATE: Received email from Tesla saying that the car was now out of production (attached) and being prepared for transit... Delivery Date is now a range... Seems like I should have received this email first before receiving the previous email. System error?

Referral | Tesla Canada
Congrats!

How about that, another data point suggesting bonaire's theories are incorrect. What a shocker.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec and TMSE
They have had some 1-day turnarounds in production, so possibly either their logistics got confounded - or the DS didn't read data right - or they rushed a car through production to make up for the mistake. I stand by the large blocks of inventory produced - until backlog is fully burned down, the emphasis should always be on custom orders which are "full sticker price" and not $7500 discounted lot cars.

Referral | Tesla Canada
Maybe they are slow to ship to Canada. I read that it only takes a few days to produce the X. It was probably a logistics error. I hope you love your X!

155xxx - (28)
157xxx - (156)
158xxx - (128)
159xxx - (32)
160xxx - (68)
161xxx - (19)

So, to clarify, you list "Trolling" is your profession? Come on, bro. Harness that energy (pun intended) for good.

Reactions: esk8mw