TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery at Freemont this am (Aug 3)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Msjulie, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

We picked up our new Model 3 Performance at 11:30am - I should say the appointment was 11:30 but we were delayed perhaps 20mins. The place was a little crazy. New cars up and down the front parking area, people milling about and outside tables with umbrellas - one was at the parking lot entrance to check you in - that's how crowded it was and their crowd control efforts. You had to check out as well so they know the car is with proper owner vs theft *I guess*.

Car has 2 minor issues, rear bumper not adjusted perfectly right near the charge door and the trim pass side rear door (or the door itself) is off slightly. Otherwise seems fine; pass side window was open and the screen was a little dusty though from being outside with all the cars and people milling around.

I can't say enough about how busy the place was, they are delivering tons of cars. It took probably closer to 40mins, prepping the Calif temp registration and stuff just seemed to take a long time.

One family rejected their new car *I think* because of a scratch; Tesla told them if they waited 2 weeks for a new one that would likely be quicker than a service visit to have it fixed. They left and the car was still parked out front so guessing...

On the way there and on leaving, there were tractor trailers on many side roads with Model 3s on board - awaiting shipping to new owners and such.

Of course, what everyone is waiting for (least I would be) - how quick is it? My husband said it feels like a roller coaster when you crest the top and then drop down == it's quick. We've driven ludicrous mode S's before, though not recently, and this seems pretty intense. Traffic was bogged so didn't really press it hard very much, couple quick sends on some empty side roads, part of one onramp. I will, of course, do more testing this weekend :)

Sorry no pics - yet - but it's worth the wait I'd say.

PS This car is named Nick Danger

• Love x 1
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Congrats !

• Like x 1
  3. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

Congrats! I picked up my Model 3 yesterday from Fremont. Even I found my screen to be dusty, which I felt was odd given that every other part was clean. Upon looking closely, I realized that there is a protective cover on the screen which you need to remove - once removed, the screen below is flawless.

4. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

#4 Msjulie, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Ah good hint, I should go check that out - thanks

Yup, there was a screen protector film on it! :)