Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery brought forward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s more likely they’re staging the UK deliveries from a holding facility near Zeebrugge, any deliveries from the 18th will still be Triumph Ace cars but the second wave of deliveries to UK is my guess.

Glovis Champion will barely have reached Zeebrugge by the 18th after all.

Final invoice order no. 78xx
Final invoice 2 order no. 85xx with VIN
Delivery 26 Aug - 2 Sep at Heathrow
Contract still being drafted so no final payment made yet

Well I'm April 2016 reservation and May 1st order number 1xxx and I still dont have a delivery date. If you have a VIN then your car is probably on the Glovis Champion so expect to get your date shortly after that arrives in a couple of weeks.

Ok, so I got the text on thursday saying delivery is bought forward to 7th to 20th August, which is great. But then this morning I get an email saying delivery is between 18th and 25th August. Almost as if my car is not on the Triumph Ace but the Glovis Champion. Have had the VIN since just before the TA departed SFO a few weeks ago.

Has anyone else that got the 7th August text had the same email today pushing delivery back ?
View attachment 437176

I had the same this morning as well.. although also had the 12-25th Text first... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, so I got the text on thursday saying delivery is bought forward to 7th to 20th August, which is great. But then this morning I get an email saying delivery is between 18th and 25th August. Almost as if my car is not on the Triumph Ace but the Glovis Champion. Have had the VIN since just before the TA departed SFO a few weeks ago.

Has anyone else that got the 7th August text had the same email today pushing delivery back ?
View attachment 437176

I'm in the same boat as you

(See what i did there?)

I've just had an email from Tesla saying delivery to Manchester (Stockport) will be 18/09 to 25/09, which is different to the text they sent on Thursday so not quite sure what to beleive. The email also askes for things like drivers licence number to be completed, which I did back in May, along with insurance which is a bit difficult without a confirmed VIN and delivery date. They really are quite disorganised. It's at times like this I do wonder whether it is worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3 and Roy W.
I've just had an email from Tesla saying delivery to Manchester (Stockport) will be 18/09 to 25/09, which is different to the text they sent on Thursday so not quite sure what to beleive. The email also askes for things like drivers licence number to be completed, which I did back in May, along with insurance which is a bit difficult without a confirmed VIN and delivery date. They really are quite disorganised. It's at times like this I do wonder whether it is worth it.
That’s interesting. I think that’s the latest delivery date I’ve seen so far. I’m also for Stockport delivery. Have you had a VIN in the source code? I had one appear last week but so far no other communication.

Same for me with Heathrow delivery. I had the second text with "delivery brought forward" without the first one and this morning I got the mail for the18 to 25 window

That’s interesting. I think that’s the latest delivery date I’ve seen so far. I’m also for Stockport delivery. Have you had a VIN in the source code? I had one appear last week but so far no other communication.
I’ve had a VIN in my source code since early July, 23rd July’s text with 12/8 to 25/8,Thursday’s text with 7/8 to 20/8 and email this morning with18/8 to 25/8 delivery, so I’ve really no idea which one is right. What a mess.

Reactions: Roy W.
I’ve had a VIN in my source code since early July, 23rd July’s text with 12/8 to 25/8,Thursday’s text with 7/8 to 20/8 and email this morning with18/8 to 25/8 delivery, so I’ve really no idea which one is right. What a mess.
Ah, in your earlier post you put 18/09 to 25/09, so September, not August! August makes more sense. I thought Tesla had just started giving out late September dates.

I had the same this morning as well.. although also had the 12-25th Text first... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes I’ve also had the same yesterday. Was tempted to pop down to Heathrow to have a chat...these latest dates don’t work for me at all. But nagging feeling that whatever they tell me will not ultimately be of any value and contradicted by more spurious comms over the coming days.

Ah, in your earlier post you put 18/09 to 25/09, so September, not August! August makes more sense. I thought Tesla had just started giving out late September dates.

Update since midday yesterday, I got the 18 to 25 email but then at 5 pm got my delivery appointment for Weds 7th August. I'd ignore the 18-25 email and expect earlier dates to be sent out in the coming days. If you got the 7-20 text then I recknow your cars are iin Zeebrugge and being loaded onto the autopremier to Sheerness. Hang in there!

Reactions: Roy W.
Quoted from the Reservations Facebook Group

" A conversation I had with head of delivery in Europe said that delivies are split in the UK. Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh are coming via Grimsby / Hull, and all others are coming via Heathrow."

So if Grimsby=Autopremier (which matches what we know), how do the rest get to Heathrow first?

Quoted from the Reservations Facebook Group

" A conversation I had with head of delivery in Europe said that delivies are split in the UK. Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh are coming via Grimsby / Hull, and all others are coming via Heathrow."

So if Grimsby=Autopremier (which matches what we know), how do the rest get to Heathrow first?

Road transporters through the chan el tunnel?

It's possible that firm delivery dates only go out when the sea part of the journey is over? Delivery dates went to Heathrow collections from Saturday. Perhaps we'll see Manchester/Leeds/Edinburgh delivery dates start hitting tomorrow when Autopremier docks in the UK?

(I'll put away my crystal ball now. It's never been very accurate anyway!)