Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery cancellations - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else experienced multiple last-minute Model 3 delivery cancellations from Tesla? I had my delivery scheduled about 2 weeks in advance for today, but I received an email this morning saying the truck driver ran out of hours he was allowed to drive. Never heard of a truck driver realizing mid-trip that they miscalculated their sleep hours, but oh well. Rescheduled for tomorrow. Just got another email saying my windshield was cracked during transit and I’ll need to wait a week or longer. No actual date provided. Starting to wonder if the car has even left the Fremont lot.

All of this comes on the heels of a sales advisor vanishing for over a week while in the middle of signing documents, only to be replaced by an new advisor with no explanation.

The Tesla buying experience is starting to feel like a shady used car lot.

Reactions: GreenT and Teslie
Has anyone else experienced multiple last-minute Model 3 delivery cancellations from Tesla? I had my delivery scheduled about 2 weeks in advance for today, but I received an email this morning saying the truck driver ran out of hours he was allowed to drive. Never heard of a truck driver realizing mid-trip that they miscalculated their sleep hours, but oh well. Rescheduled for tomorrow. Just got another email saying my windshield was cracked during transit and I’ll need to wait a week or longer. No actual date provided. Starting to wonder if the car has even left the Fremont lot.

All of this comes on the heels of a sales advisor vanishing for over a week while in the middle of signing documents, only to be replaced by an new advisor with no explanation.

The truck driver thing totally happens. DOT limits them at 70 hours a week and it's really hard to calculate when it resets as it's like a rolling 8 days with 14 hours off and they are never the same 14 in a rest period. I butchered that a little but you get the idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Three cancellations so far and now no delivery date (website says between Aug and October). Only info provided was ‘logistics’. Was told they don’t want to put another appt on the schedule until they have eyes on the car. Who knows at this point. Definitely a bummer.

Second delivery appointment missed today. First one was due to tesla not getting names correct on documents. Second time was car not passing inspection due to paint not being up to standards. Wish they would have inspected it before first delivery appointment. Now I have to wait for a new Vin.

• Informative
Reactions: TROMB_1
My delivery was set for 8/8/2018 at 2pm at marina del ray, got a call at 6pm saying it did not pass inspection, i already sent the down payment but will need to call the CU tomorrow and pull the check and wait for a new VIN. The VIN that was pulled is 05736X

My delivery got delayed from Monday to Today due to the delivery truck breaking down. I'm expected to take delivery today at 1pm. Submitted my final payment yesterday but still nervous about something getting delayed at the last minute today but we'll see.

Mine (AWD, non-performance, Silver, Aero) was supposed to be today at Tysons, but was moved to 8/17. I called the local service center inside 24 hours. I was able to get right through to deliveries. Car was not there yet, and the nice young lady on the phone said "yeah, the truck drivers need to sleep too." LOL

On Aug. 3, my delivery advisor told me my AWD would be available for delivery in Tysons, VA as early as 8/14. I made an appointment for the morning of 8/17. Yesterday, 8/15, I called the Tysons delivery center to confirm the appointment and they indicated my car was still in transit and likely wouldn't arrive until this coming weekend, and that they'd need at least 1 day to inspect the car. They asked me to contact my delivery advisor to reschedule. When I contacted her yesterday, she indicated she was just learning of the status and would contact me when she had definite dates. I have not heard back from her.

This is worse than a shady used car lot, this is perhaps the worst customer service I've ever had for any product.

11/9/2016 Deposit 1

7/3/2018 Full Payment
7/26/2018 Call Stating Delay (no reason given)
7/27/2018 Delivery Date 1
8/13/2018 Email Stating Delay (no reason given)
8/14/2018 Delivery Date 2
8/14/2018 Customer Service Escalated to Delivery/Customer Service Managers (no call backs)
8/16/2018 Customer Service Escalated to Customer Service/Delivery Center Managers
8/28/2018 Delivery Date 3

Still waiting

This is worse than a shady used car lot, this is perhaps the worst customer service I've ever had for any product.

11/9/2016 Deposit 1

7/3/2018 Full Payment
7/26/2018 Call Stating Delay (no reason given)
7/27/2018 Delivery Date 1
8/13/2018 Email Stating Delay (no reason given)
8/14/2018 Delivery Date 2
8/14/2018 Customer Service Escalated to Delivery/Customer Service Managers (no call backs)
8/16/2018 Customer Service Escalated to Customer Service/Delivery Center Managers
8/28/2018 Delivery Date 3

Still waiting
Let's hope all of this waiting is worth it at the end...

Yes, it was such a bummer.

Configured 8/7
Delivery Scheduled 8/15 and got cancelled and waiting for a new vin since 8/14

Two cancellations at Costa Mesa. AWD non-P, White, Aeros, EAP.

08/10 - Loan funded, MVPA signed.
08/12 - Original delivery date. Cancelled after arriving to pick it up - car was not charged and had not been inspected/detailed
08/14 - Second delivery date. Cancelled after car needed additional inspection ordered by Fremont. Don't know what that means. Said I would be contacted within 48 hours. Emailed sales advisor the next morning to ask for more information.
No new date provided, no response from Tesla yet. VIN removed from my account, so I think the car did not pass whatever inspection was ordered.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Two cancellations at Costa Mesa. AWD non-P, White, Aeros, EAP.

08/10 - Loan funded, MVPA signed.
08/12 - Original delivery date. Cancelled after arriving to pick it up - car was not charged and had not been inspected/detailed
08/14 - Second delivery date. Cancelled after car needed additional inspection ordered by Fremont. Don't know what that means. Said I would be contacted within 48 hours. Emailed sales advisor the next morning to ask for more information.
No new date provided, no response from Tesla yet. VIN removed from my account, so I think the car did not pass whatever inspection was ordered.

I called my IDA after lunch and they reassigned a VIN for me. Delivery scheduled for 8/23. Maybe give them a nudge ;)

Solid Black, RWD, Aero

Not sure what's going on.

8/10 Loan Approved/Call
8/17 Called generic sales today in hopes of a VIN for ins. Was told car 'majorly failed' inspection.

No delivery date, no idea where VIN assigned (but never disclosed) car is, or in what state. If they're going to remedy, assign new VIN, etc.

Le'Sigh.

I too was just delayed.

Configured AWD non-P, MSM, sport wheels on 5/23. Assigned VIN 7/31. Delivery was set for tomorrow, 8/18, at Owings Mills, MD.

I just got a call this evening from Owings Mills saying that there was an issue with the delivery truck, and the car will not arrive in time. The person I spoke with said, "don't worry, there's nothing wrong with your car." I re-schedule for 8/27.

I log into the Tesla website tonight and my new delivery appointment is there, but my VIN is gone. VIN was 68XXX. Anyone else have this happen to them? Why would my VIN disappear if there's nothing wrong with the car?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden